being done for a 1/144 GB elsewhere

not much to it

to give you an idea of scale heres the two fuselage halfs together

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is small!

I had fun with the splinter camouflage at 1/72 scale so that's something to look forward to!

I wonder why the box says Bf 110 G, which would be a night fighter? Are the bits for a night fighter inside? That's Aretz and Schilleng's aircraft of 2./Erpr.Gr.210 and is a Bf 110 D-0/B as that's all they operated. 'Bombsights over England' by John Vasco is an excellent book covering this unit in the BoB period.

Cheers

Steve

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Have 'a great build' and 5 stars now. Anyone doing a 1:144 scale deserves them both. Good luck.

Colin M...

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I wonder why the box says Bf 110 G, which would be a night fighter? Are the bits for a night fighter inside? That's Aretz and Schilleng's aircraft of 2./Erpr.Gr.210 and is a Bf 110 D-0/B as that's all they operated.
now heres the funny thing...got this for 2 quid off ebay.....on the instructions the previous 'owner' had written 2/ER.G. 210 :smiling3:

theres no radar antenna bits in the box ......did this mk. have them?

anyway, id take what Academy says with a pinch of salt............ive also got a 1/144 Tornado...the boxart shows one in camo.....inside is paint callout/decals for Gulf War 'Mig Eater'

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The one on the box art didn't, it was a D-0/B and the kit's previous owner git the correct unit :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
The one on the box art didn't, it was a D-0/B and the kit's previous owner git the correct unit :smiling3:
silly question regarding paint......should it have a pale blue or light grey undersides?

decided to do this gear up and on a stand. always thought the Me110 was quite a graceful looking plane, wheels and gear kind of ruin the lines lol

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
its a wee one,very good start cannot wait to see what you do camo wise, ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Undersides should be an equivalent of RLM 65 which is very definitely blue. Pale blue will do, but not grey or grey/blue as the colour was distinctly blue.

Here's my version (WEM's Colourcoat) of the colour on the bottom of a 1/72 scale Bf 110 during the build.

And on a larger scale Bf 109, same colour.

Even given the vagaries of photography and computer monitors those should get you in the ball park :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
cheers steve,........the instructions say light grey and i didnt think that was right but im no expert on Luftwaffe stuff

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
cheers steve,........the instructions say light grey and i didnt think that was right but im no expert on Luftwaffe stuff
If you are doing the scheme on the box art then it is definitely blue (RLM 65). Later on the underside colour changed to what I would describe as a blue/grey (RLM 76) but it was never a light grey. Instructions eh!

Cheers

Steve

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
im not one for mega accuracy, near enough will be close enough

*goes off to see what paint ive got*

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is tiny, great work so far Paul.

Si:smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
im not one for mega accuracy, near enough will be close enough*goes off to see what paint ive got*
Quite right too. It's your model and you should paint it however you want! I'm only pointing out that the correct historical colour was a blue rather than a grey :smiling3:

As the owner of a Spitfire replied when told that his Spitfire should be painted in 'authentic' camouflage colours "and what colour is your Spitfire?"

Cheers

Steve

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
As the owner of a Spitfire replied when told that his Spitfire should be painted in 'authentic' camouflage colours "and what colour is your Spitfire?"
lol!

fortunatly i had some RLM65.......cept it was Vallejo Air........surprised me how well it brush paints!

just need to pick up some greens at the weekend

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
If you are doing the scheme on the box art then it is definitely blue (RLM 65). Later on the underside colour changed to what I would describe as a blue/grey (RLM 76) but it was never a light grey. Instructions eh!Cheers

Steve
so since i have used RLM65 i should be using RLM 70 and 71 for the topsides........................as opposed to 81 & 82?