Me309 1/48 Czech 'finished'

T

treyzx10r

I'm calling it done. The kit was pretty straight forward and a fun build. I need to make some mass balancers or find some ,the kits were missing them. There were 4 different tail sections that I could find pics of and one looks really close to a 262 . Might have to get another kit and bash a 262 tail on! Hope you enjoy the pics cheers Trey

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Trey, they are brilliant. Where do you store/display all these kits you turn out? I'm running out of room already.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great work trey, a really nice looking aircraft, although the prototypes that flew were no better than the 109 they were intended to replace! Shame , it looks such a fast design too! BTW, Trumpeter have just released a 1/48 ME 509 , that would look great alongside these 2 ! chers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one Trey,another unusual subject too.They make a very fine pair.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Thanks kindly to all for the positive comments its very much appreciated! Joe you've tapped a very sore topic with the Missus as my collection is slowly overtaking every nook and cranny in the house! I need Ian to come across the pond and hook me up with one of the great display shelves he builds! Tony you're correct ,from what I've read the 309 was only marginally faster than a Gustav and less manouverable. The different tails (4 that I could find pics of but rumored to be more?)tried to correct the instability never worked out and the nose wheel reported to have a bad shimmy as well ,but I think they fixed that with a different caster assembly.

C

Caledonia

Excellent paint job as usual Trey, 5 star from me too. Cheers Derek

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Trey they make a great pair 5* well done.

vaughan