Meals on Wheels - Canadian Style

First Name
Ty
Hello fellow builders. I have some new diorama pics to share with you. My latest is a behind the lines rest stop for several Staghounds and other armoured vehicles. It features a Bronco T17E1 Staghound Armoured Car Mk.I Late Production about to go on patrol and a Tamiya Quad Gun Tractor & Limber dropping off some food, drink, and other supplies before heading back to the artillery encampment. The base is from Miniart and features a staggered stone wall that when placed left a void on the other side of the gravel road. I wasn't sure what to do with it until I saw a farmers wagon from Master Box that looked to fill that void quite nicely. I added a couple of Canadian armoured crew members from another Staghound to give it a human touch. The crew about to unload the limber are other various armoured crew members. For the photos I used a couple of different backgrounds, one of which features houses in the background that aren't period correct but do add a different spin on the background. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics and thanks for looking.

Cheers

Ty

First Name
Aaron
Wow Ty, great job. Is the ivy p.e?

The backround compliments this dio so well.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A fantastic piece of work Ty,the dio is beautifully done and the way you've photographed it is cracking, I can't tell where the dio ends and the background pictures begin. Must admit, at first I thought you'd taken it outside and photographed it against a real background.

5 stars is really not enough. Well done sir.

Tony.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I can sit and look at this build all day Ty, but i need to get something done so i'll come back later lol. Absolutely beautiful, eveything just looks right and nothing looks out of place. Big five from me too.

Have fun, John

T

tommy1drop

Hi Tyrel great work, It looks fantastic, and it tells a great story, the groundwork and kits and the figures are spot on, really do like this, 5 stars from me also mate.

Tom

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Absolutely quality work in every aspect love all the extra work you've put into setting the scene it pays off outstanding work mucker..

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was wondering what you have been up to. Now we know.

What to say?? You have done another master piece diorama. One thing that really hit me was the faces on the figures. Five O'clock shadows!! Dude give us mere mortals a break!! lol

Oh did i say I like this??!!??

Five stars with out a doubt!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Fabulous work Tyrel! ***** for the quality of the build and ***** for the composition!

Gern

T

treyzx10r

Wow thats some stunning work Tyrel,very nicely done.5 stars are'nt enough

First Name
Ty
Thanks everyone. It was a fun build.

aaron - The Ivy is a product from Silfor. I purchased it from a company called Scenic Express. It comes in a tightly weaved matt that you just pull and stretch until you get the ivy look you want.

Ian - lol, the five o'clock shadows are something I have been trying off and on for while now and can be quite easy to do. I just put small dots of Paynes grey oil paint on the cheeks and chin and rub them in with a old brush that doesn't have a point anymore. I call them pusher brushes. If you push the Paynes grey enough it goes kind of translucent and the flesh underneath can still show through.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Chris
First class Ty, beautiful dio. Love the background shots too.

Regards

Chris