Meanwhile somewhere in Europe finished (well, until I figure something else on it!)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent result, Gerry. Well worth waiting for. I really enjoyed watching it all come together.
Well thought out, coupled with plenty to look at.
Top work and here's to the next one.

Ron

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Many thanks for the support on this, my second 1/35 dio.

As promised, here I say "Thanks" to two of the members on here who have posted 'how-to's which have been a great help on this.

@spanner570
@beowulf
Once again, thank you both for your time.

Obviously, these aren't the only people who have helped, either directly or indirectly, and to list all whose posts have helped would mean listing the majority of the forum!
To those who I haven't listed, I am eternally grateful for your support and help

If anyone wants a closer picture of any part, let me know and I'll take one and put it up

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Gerry, but just to echo Paul's post...

"Don't be daft"

We are all here to help each other, if and when we can.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks Gerry, but just to echo Paul's post...

"Don't be daft"

We are all here to help each other, if and when we can.
You get the same reply - if it hadn't been for your 'how to' I'd have struggled!

Yes, we all help where we can - that's what forums are all about (and why I prefer forums to facebook groups), I'll help where I can (not that I'm a good modeller yet) but it's where people put up and let others know how they did something that really helps out.

The members on here have really helped me out, (not just yourself and Paul by posting the 'how to' bits) but there were a few times when this almost ended in the bin, and some kind folks came in with a comment or two or even just a 'like' that made me sit back and take a fresh look/deep breath and dive back into it, so while you and Paul were 'singled out' for the 'how to' bits - there are loads of members who have helped in their way, and who might not realise it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Gerry
Well I reckon you should be one very happy and very proud bunny. Well done.
Jim

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry
Well I reckon you should be one very happy and very proud bunny. Well done.
Jim
Thanks Jim, it's turned out ok - one or two points which I'm not 100% happy with (probably they won't be noticed by anyone other than me!) but on the whole, yes happy with the outcome, and the b&w shots have come up good, which I'm really happy with.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Gerry

A great finish especially as it's only your second diorama. Very well done.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice job Gerry...one to be proud of. The experiments and try outs have born fruit. Looking forward to next dio.

Cheers,
Richard

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done Gerry. Very nice work. Bring on the next one !
John.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry

A great finish especially as it's only your second diorama. Very well done.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew - first wasn't really worth 'writing home about' - but will admit that it was probably 'pre-internet' so not so much information and help to draw on.

Good job mate, guess I'm gonna have to take the the plunge and try my first dio!:thumb2::smiling:
Do it Mark, take the plunge and go for it, I've learnt a lot doing it, and it's kept me occupied for nearly a couple of months! Any problems, and the kind folks on here will help out (but as you can see - get all shy and bashful about being thanked! ;))
Nice job Gerry...one to be proud of. The experiments and try outs have born fruit. Looking forward to next dio.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, has been enjoyable doing this, the experiments and try outs taught me a lot - not sure if they'll be 'applicable' for the next one which has been on my mind from way, way back, so still loads of stuff to learn for that one (as the 'how-to' questions that I've put up in the last couple of months will testify!)

Well done Gerry. Very nice work. Bring on the next one !
John.
Thanks John, will be probably starting to 'get a feel' for the next one over the next week or so (putting things down on paper etc.

I'd say that was very successful, Gerry, I hope you are pleased with it? And the black and white pictures are brilliant
Thanks Neil - the critic in me is screaming at some parts of it (where I feel that I didn't do a very good job and that I could've done better), but on the whole, it's turned out ok. Glad that you like the black and white pictures

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very nice Gerry, I’d say you’ve pulled it off successfully, looks really good :thumb2:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks Si.
Having sat back and now really looking at it - the internal critic comes out! There are now some areas that I've noticed and I'm kicking myself over, with 'rock strata' going the 'wrong' way that I didn't notice at the time, but do now, the tree just doesn't look right (I know scaled down trees are difficult to get realistic, and my respects to those who can do them is immense) but the 'overall effect' isn't far out. I will say that lessons learned with this one will be used in the future. :thumb2: