Meng Char 2c

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi guys i think i will have a go at the meng char 2c  french tank , it is a big tank ,and 1 of the biggest tanks of ww1/ww2 .

I have made a start the detail is amazing but i have had to build 74 sets of wheels for the beast and then clean the edges with a file .

P1050776.JPG

T

tommy1drop

Nice choice of kit, I will be watching this one as I got one this week myself, there's plenty to be keeping you busy with this build, especially in the running gear ;)

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
what a very different pick,will be watching this one, :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

Supposed to be a good kit and, as you say, huge.  It would dwarf a Tiger.  Look forward to seeing it come together.

D

dubster72

That's an interesting kit & it must have been very imposing on the battlefield.

As long as they had fuel - most were destroyed or abandoned due to poor French logistics

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have made a bit of progress with this kit the detail is fantastic and the parts go together so well , the only criticism i would have is that some of the tabs where they join the part to the sprue are a bit big and need a good careful clean   

20160515_093023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is a subject you don't see too often. In fact I don't think I've ever seen build of the Char 2C!

This promises to be a really interesting build and, from the look of the kit, a finely detailed one too.

Great stuff

Paul

F

Fenlander

Very Jules Verne isn't it?  Really mothering on with this build Steve, looks great.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not seen one of these before Steve it looks very large and cumbersome, but a very nice choice I wil watch the rest of this one.

J

John Rixon

Blimey, looks like the sort of thing a young lad would draw, if asked to draw a tank! Never heard of this tank, but am now watching this. Looking great, into the bargain!

J

John Rixon

the kit is going together realy fast and a joy to build 

There seems to be an obvious link to the quality of a kit and its instructions, and the thing going together quicker than one might imagine. I've had to take a break from my Diamond Wrecker, simply because every part has to be dragged screaming from its sprue, and given ridiculous amounts of attention before it will deign to fit where it is meant to O.o . I built a new-tool tamiya kit, just for re-hab. Looks like a show stopper to me, Steve!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good Steve,like the colors ,,great progress so far 9_9

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
OMG! that's what I call a "dream kit" and it is looking fantastic so far especially the camo, pity they never got to prove their worth on the battlefield if any as almost all were destroyed on their railcars by Stukas  in route......now there's a dio for ya but I can understand not wanting to wreck it as a matter of fact I wouldn't either........Jim :smiling3: