Meng's M3A3 Bradley w/Busk III

First Name
Adrian
I've really enjoyed this build, the interior was a build all of its own and although some aspects of it can no longer be seen I wouldn't change anything if I built it again.

I basically followed Flory's build for every step I took and found I learnt a lot, the main paints are Vallejo model air and the weathering was achieved with oils and Flory's pigments.

I'd never used oils until now but the way you can blend them and how far they go with regards to "dry brushing" is amazing. The model was coated with Tamiya flat clear and then a pigment scrub of light sand was used to give a real dusty look to the overall build.

Eventually it will go on a base with a brass plaque as a show piece rather than a diorama that I had originally planned.

I do hope you like it, as for me I honestly think its the best model I have done in my short 5 years building,, mind you I tend to say that after every model :smiling3:

View attachment 121889

View attachment 121890

View attachment 121891

Comments welcomed as always.

Adrian

005.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

P

phalinmegob

tell you what Adrian, when we were on messenger the other week i thought this build was great but i was wrong. now i am looking at bigger pictures on a computer , it is actually fantastic. brilliant job.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
WoW, thats a cool build, dig the detail! I remember my first Bradley some 20+ yrs ago - this is miles ahead from that old Tamiya kit!

L

Laurie

Very nice model Adrian. Particularly like the way you have brought out the different colours on the side panels.

Must go in and have a look at Mr Flory again. I have picked up a lot of tips. The way I go about construction

is very much based on his methods (not all).

Found he does not mess about gets on with it with gusto. Also has a great way of teaching very direct.

Nice bit of work Adrian.

Laurie

P

phikoleoputra

Beautiful build Adrian, are those interior kit thing worth a buy? Seems majority of it doesn't show up afterwards.

Great work mate!!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build,Adrian,real like the tones down its sides with the different tones on it,

the engine looks good as well,do like it well done, ;)

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Beautiful build Adrian, are those interior kit thing worth a buy? Seems majority of it doesn't show up afterwards.
Great work mate!!
If you wanted you could have all the hatches in the open position and you would be able to see a little more internal detail, I think the interior was worth if for the rear section and the engine in the end.

You can get the kit with the interior in one box, when I bought mine there were none to be seen at the show I was at, so opted for the two kits.

I may do another with the hatches closed and place it as a check point diorama, I enjoyed the build that much :smiling3:

Adrian