Mercedes L4500 maultier

T

tommy1drop

Hi all I have started the Revell Mercedes L4500 Maultier, I have always liked the look of these kits and was lucky enough to get hold of one;)

This is where its at, I have a quite a bit to do yet as I am trying to get an old war horse look, so I will try to keep this build updated as it goes along.

Hope you like it so far:rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Hi Polux thank you for that, I`m looking forward to getting this one finished now that the Sherman`s are nearly finished, lots of small fiddly bits on this kit, but the carpet didn`t claim them this time:rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Hi Lee just doing a bit on it now, had to pack in though, as my back is killing me:rolleyes: glad to have you along. ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I like this one and what you have planned for it, will be watching as well, ;)

T

tommy1drop

Hi Monica nice to have you along, I`m planning on it looking beat up a little towing either an 88mm flak or towing a trailer or some other type of gun, I haven`t decided yet, I will know more when I`ve built it;)

T

tommy1drop

Just an up date on the Maultier, I have all but finished assembly of the kit, just a few small items to add, then I can get on with weathering and chipping before I can call this one finished, still not sure what it`s going to be towing yet:rolleyes:

I have just built an ICM Pak 36 ® nice kit to build, and they look nice when built, not sure about this one yet;) anyway here`s a few pics on the kits.

Hope you like them:rolleyes:

D

dubster72

2 great kits there Tommy! The Maultier is really good - can't wait to see some paint on it.

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Patrick, hoping to get some more done on it soon, between all of the others on the bench;)

N

noble

Heh Tommy that's a great kit dude, it just so happens that I bought the zvesda kit of this yesterday. This is a lovely clean build and I love that pak 36 cannon, nice one mate.

scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice build on both Tommy, looking forward to seeing them both wreathed ;)

T

tommy1drop

Hi Scott thanks for that buddy;)nice kit to build just look out for the fiddly bits on the sprues, I experienced one or two small mishaps cutting one of two bits off, I snapped them:oops:

I was surprised how big the kit is when put together, just a few bits left along with the weathering and chipping and she`s finished:rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Hi Monica thank you for that, I`m hoping to get some weathering on it soon, not using the pak now, I`ve put it on my Russian dio behind the sdkfz 10:eek: just weathering that now, and I`m looking for some ammo boxes for it:rolleyes:

N

noble

Hi Tommy I was considering adding a 20mm flak gun to the back of mine and doing it in a winter scheme. Thanks for the tips I will keep an eye on that to hopefully limit any problems.

scott

First Name
Jason
Nice job Tommy. Looks like an excellent paint finish. Can't wait to see it weathered, maybe I'll pick up some tips for my current project;)

Jason