merkava completed

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well just about done with this no dio for a change might add it to one later down the road...so tell me what you think

thanks for looking in

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well its a damn sight better than my Merkava great weathering and the figure is top notch John 5 big stars from me

P

panzer6

It's lovely. I like everything about it. Dust, tank-men, tracks and damages. Very good model. Regards. Bart.

S

Sky Raider

Its fantastic, came out brilliant. Top marks from me!

Andy

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice John great weathering and figure painting 5*

G

GazB

That's superb, a real stunner, and I find it very depressing that yet another modeller shows outstanding talent ('Specially one from "Wassal") :smiling:

I didn't realise till I was watching the gogglebox the other day that the Merkava pretty much started out as a Centurion chassis turned backwards..

Well done mate. That's one to be proud of.

Last edited:
C

CDW

You missed a rivet on the back of the turret !!!

But as the rest off the model is so damn well done i might just let you off that oversight. :smiling3: :smiling3:

There's a lot of nicely done weathering and distressing detail in that build, very effective

all in all well worth 5 stars John.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well thank you all lads for your very very kind words it keeps me going ive learnt most of the tricks of this site so a return thank you for your help...and gaz like the wassel thats what we call it when we go drinking down there....if we are feeling desperate for a drink

M

mobear

well well well this turned out absolutely stunning,just need the grey black smoke behind itand the rumble on the ground,5*s from me stunning

mobear

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
cheers ole if you say it's good and you've seen them in close quarters then that makes me a happy man cheers again bro

J

Jim Scott

All round astounding John the figure painting is exceptional.

Jim

A

andygh

Outstanding finish, you've made some really nice touches

It'd look great on a bit of dusty road

First Name
Michael
That is a great build John, paint and weathering are top quality, 5*. M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is outstanding!

Looks very much like its been baked in the sun and playing in the sand. Very Nice.

The tankies are also very well done. As for a dio? Put it on a simple base. A dusty track with a couple of dessert plants. That would look nice and not distract from that excellent build!

I imagine that is a big lump and a worthy diorama would be huge enough to give it housing problems.... However, a knocked out, burnt out enemy tank and a couple of figures, examining the damage..... that could look nice as well.

If you have a house and bank account big enough, a crashed Chopper wreck would be different! lol

Five stars from me as its the most that can (legally) be given....

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
John that is a superb build....everything about it is top drawer stuff.

A simple dirt road base is all that's needed to make it 110%...at least. But for now here's another 5* for the pile!

Well done,

Ron

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
thank you all again for looking in and leaving so many nice comments as said before couldn't do it with out your help and advice...and thanks for the fives all round