Merkava MkII, scale 1/35, my first airbrush painting

A

american

Finally, after so manny years I decided to try the airbrush technique!

I chose this amazing Academy kit for this. It will end up with a diorama. All I need is the figures. But , please, don't be too hard with me after my first attempt in airbrush ing ! The fact is I was surprised how much it counts when you are painting modern tanks. And a had a shot with one of my Panther tanks. Quite happy with the result!here are the steps I have done by now:View attachment 155068 View attachment 155069 View attachment 155070 View attachment 155071 View attachment 155072 View attachment 155073 View attachment 155074 View attachment 155075 View attachment 155076

F

Fenlander

I am sorry but I am going to be very hard on you. If this is your first serious airbrush work, we are in for a treat later. That is 100 times better than my first attempt, in fact it is better than I get now at times. Well done Catalin, that looks spot on

A

american

\ said:
I am sorry but I am going to be very hard on you. If this is your first serious airbrush work, we are in for a treat later. That is 100 times better than my first attempt, in fact it is better than I get now at times. Well done Catalin, that looks spot on
Thank you for you kind words! It is not ready yet. Still have some weathering to do, plus the figures, the trucks. I found sort much more acurate and smooth then paint brush. But I will never give up my old fashion stile. My son love airbrush ing. So it was a good investment for his pleasure and mine.

A

american

\ said:
Impressive most impressive indeed.
Scott
Thank you , I don't think I deserve your great words. I am still learning the technique!

N

noble

I think a few chips maybe using German camo black brown added here or there with a piece of sponge and light weathering around the wheels. All in all very impressive my friend.

Scott

N

noble

Question, what figures will you be using as iam working on an idf piece myself?

Scott

A

american

\ said:
Question, what figures will you be using as iam working on an idf piece myself?
Scott
:D Tamia American infantry, but with Israeli colors and with a canvas on top of the helmets;). I couldn't find anything like Israeli infantry!:mad:

A

american

\ said:
I think a few chips maybe using German camo black brown added here or there with a piece of sponge and light weathering around the wheels. All in all very impressive my friend.
Scott
Yes, I will follow your advice! Thank you!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That looks fantastic catalin , and you say its your first go with the airbrush??!! You certainly seem to have got the hang of it , well done . Cheers tony

D

dubster72

\ said:
:D Tamia American infantry, but with Israeli colors and with a canvas on top of the helmets;). I couldn't find anything like Israeli infantry!:mad:
Meng Models do an IDF tank crew ;)

A

american

\ said:
That looks fantastic catalin , and you say its your first go with the airbrush??!! You certainly seem to have got the hang of it , well done . Cheers tony
Yes it is. This is the first modern tank I ever built, all my tanks were we2 tank s so I used paint brushing with success. I said before I will never use an airbrush but I was wrong!

Last edited:
A

american

\ said:
T
Thank you, I will have a look!
I seen them. It is not what I am looking for! I want some infantry troopers behind the tank , something like that, fighting position s. Thank you for your help!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
your first serious airbrush work,wow that is great,your done a very fine job of this one, :D

do real like it well done, ;)

A

american

How can I upload pictures. What is wrong with the forum page. I found it hard to use and poor.

F

Fenlander

How can I upload pictures. What is wrong with the forum page. I found it hard to use and poor.

The forum is undergoing an upgrade at the moment so some features may not be working fully again.  I am sure it will be back to normal soon.