Messerschmitt Bf109 G-6 (Hasegawa, 1/48)

A

andyrobs

Hi Roman, thats a great display you have, all top notch mate, and going by the cockpit, yet another under construction.

Cheers, Andrew

V

Vajled

for now fit is perfect...

comming allong very well

I added on fuel line (yellow tube on side of cockpit) silver part how can simulate transparent part how pilot can see fuel flow...

Thx Stona for that tip

Cheers all

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Roman not posted on this build but been watching and its coming along in your usual high standard well done so far

T

treyzx10r

Roman nice progress, what kind of primer are you going to use?

V

Vajled

\ said:
Roman nice progress, what kind of primer are you going to use?
hey,

I dont use standard primers, I have one revell acrilic paint: stone gray, i think is 36265...

I always use this color for primer.

You can see that paint on last picture, it's on the right side of picture

Cheers,

Roman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Interesting Roman what do you use to thin the Revell paint as it is too thick to spray directly from the pot?

Vaughan

V

Vajled

\ said:
Interesting Roman what do you use to thin the Revell paint as it is too thick to spray directly from the pot?Vaughan
Hey Vaughan,

I always mix acrilic paint with destil water... nothing else, and ratio is about 50-50%.

For my oppinion, primer is used for seeing errors on model, and many times when plastic is no cover with paint you cannot see errors (i mean gaps, panel lines, etc.)

And when I "inspect" model and I'm sadisfied with look, put color on it, but if I see some error I can easily put more putty, sand or do something on that acrilic paint.

This is my way :smiling3:

here you can see primer and preshade

also must say that this color STONE GRAY is really good color, because is always different from plastic color... and you can see everything when you spray it on model

Roman

Last edited:
V

Vajled

Now I have doubt... searching for that plane reference on the net, cannot found anything. Just 1 picture of Alfred Grislawski when he sitting near the rudder of this Bf-109.

I see on some art underside capotage is paited in yellow, on other art no yellow color?

Can someone help me?

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Roman

Thanks for the info on the paint. Steve(stona) is your man on everything about 109's. I'm sure he'll be on line at some point today.

Vaughan

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Roman,you are doing White 10 are you?

Is the photo the one of Griswalski leaning on the horizontal stabiliser (port) showing the WHITE fin and rudder with 111 'abschuss' marked (71 +40)?

I'm not sure what you mean by capotage but the white continued on the fuselage under the horizontal stabiliser. The underside of the stabilisers remained in RLM 76.

I have a picture of another JG50 aircraft (Hermann Graf's) which shows the area better.It is marked in the same way as Griswalski's. It's in Ries and Obermaier's 'Luftwaffe rudder markings 1936-1945'. I'll try and get you a scan. I hope I've got the correct aircraft as I'm away from home/books until Christmas after this evening!

Cheers

Steve.

Edit. I think you may mean the yellow under the nose on the oil cooler panier! I'll be back.

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi again Roman,got your email.

First here's a piccy of Graf's aircraft showing the demarcation of the white on the empennage. Note that the stencil has either been masked or re-applied. I'd say masked!

I'm looking for something on the yellow (or not) panier.

I've got a book on Graf and Griswalski but my house is in disarray as SWMBO wants the floors re-sanded and varnished for Christmas and I can't bl**dy find it!

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vajled

thx stona for quick answer...

I dont know any other word for capotage... maybe engine cowling?

but uderside the engine, part of the plane from the prop till wheel bay...

My bad english... sorry for missunderstand

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
We're in luck! I can't find Bergstroms's book but I have found a profile by Claes Sundin which is based on images in that book and he has the panier as.............Ta Dah........RLM 04,yellow.

That's what I'd do.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
No worries,my bad. I just had to think about it.

Cheers

Steve

V

Vajled

\ said:
thx stona for quick answer...I dont know any other word for capotage... maybe engine cowling?

but uderside the engine, part of the plane from the prop till wheel bay...

thx my frined...

you got a beer :smiling3:

cheers

V

Vajled

That is it... little more detail but general paint is this...

Wheel & prop are dry fit... also without stabilezer/elevator on back

Hope you like it

Cheers,

Roman

T

treyzx10r

Awesome so far Roman! Steve comes thru with the goods yet again