Micro sol/set tide marks

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
How do I make these tide marks disappear? I have use Vallejo paints and varnish so far then applied the decals using micro sol & set as per the instructions but the next day this ugly tide mark is present and I cannot get rid of it using for Microsoft or clean water.

Any tips please?

image.jpeg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I use a gloss varnish under decals and have suffered a similar problem. Another coat of varnish over the decals, before the final coat, has always cured it.

Cheers

Steve

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I use a gloss varnish under decals and have suffered a similar problem. Another coat of varnish over the decals, before the final coat, has always cured it.

Cheers

Steve

Let me get this straight Steve, I have applied the decals with microsol and this is the result, my next step would be application of a sealing coat of gloss varnish (only gloss varnish has been used so far) - you saying that that dealing coat of varnish should make this disappear?

Thanks for you advice so far.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Let me get this straight Steve, I have applied the decals with microsol and this is the result, my next step would be application of a sealing coat of gloss varnish (only gloss varnish has been used so far) - you saying that that dealing coat of varnish should make this disappear?

I'm with Steve. I know it's a brave thing to do, but it works. Gloss, then wash if wanted, then matt.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

Yep! The gloss I use is old fashioned Klear, but it is just a cheap gloss acrylic varnish and does not possess the magical properties that some ascribe to it. This has worked on several occasions.

Cheers

Steve