Military sales show room?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

hi all i am new to this site so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. i built my first tank during the christmas madness and enjoyed it imensley (well apart from the tracks the next one i buy wont have individual track links)anyway whilst i was weathering it i had an idea for a dio, i thought what if you could buy a tank from a showroom like a car so i decided to build that car lot,sales yard or whatever you would call it so here is the progression so far

I thought it fitting to use the tigers box since it is going to be the main part of the dio

I have given the ground on the forcourt a very rough surface as i think if you had 60 odd tons of tank over the ground on a regular basis the ground would be pretty messed up.

the Tiger no longer has the flowers i wasnt happy with them

i have got 2 other models to put on the dio will post some pics of them later, what do you think so far

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is certainly different and I like the idea of it, a novel away to show armour. Good show, thinking outside the box and coming up with a totally novel build.

Question is: Did the Tiger pass its M.O.T?

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now that is different I like it, simple and effective with some nice weathering and detail

D

Deleted member 3568

It's got a lot more to do on it yet but it is coming along thanks for your comments

D

Deleted member 3568

another little update incase anyone dosnt know from the unconventional spray job the tank is a Skoda

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
different but dose has some think ,nice job,

D

Deleted member 3568

a little update on the dio done with my new camera so hopefully better pictures

getting on with the Airfix DUKW which will also be part of the dio too

so we are getting there still so much to do though i keep getting more and more ideas.

S

Stevekir

Nice idea. I hope you will put some swing price tickets on the merchandise! I can imagine them on the end of a barrel. And a poster "Sale now on".

D

Deleted member 3568

ok i have completed the last vehicle for this dio now just the sales yard to complete and a few figures to cut up.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
As Polux says, very different, and why not, not following the conventional can lead to some startling results. Like this and the way it has gone, don;t forget to showcase when complete in the 'completed diorama section.'

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Oh well its finished can't photo it yet, want to show it off at its best so will wait till tomorrow with some good light and my new camera.

I am excited this is my first dio and I am pleased with the end result (ok I am sure I have made some fundamental mistakes which I am sure you kind folks will point out (and I honestly want you to point out)) but for a first attempt I am really pleased. I have my next one already planed (this dio idea is a great thing it makes the models you build more of a challenge, makes the build last longer and improves your skills) my next dio will involve the Plymouth fury out of The horror film Christine (can you guess what, I am pretty sure it's not been done before) anyway sorry to make you wait but I really want to do it justice.