Mir dsv investigating sunken curtiss helldiver.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Here is a little 1/144 scale model of a Curtiss Helldiver that ditched in The Battle Of The Philippine Sea. It is one of the 45 that ran out of fuel on there way back to carriers. This plane is being investigated by the DSV MIR 2.

View attachment 65046View attachment 65045View attachment 65044View attachment 65043View attachment 65042View attachment 65041View attachment 65040

This one was a good model to do although the scale caused me problems with my disability.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 66192

View attachment 66193

View attachment 66194

View attachment 66195

View attachment 66196

View attachment 66197

View attachment 66198

mir helldiver outside1.jpg

mir helldiver outside2.jpg

mir helldiver.jpg

mir helldiver3.jpg

mir helldiver4.jpg

mir helldiver5.jpg

mir helldiver6.jpg

P

Polux

Wow! You are master on this way!!

And remember my happy days as a diver!

Cheers. Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Wow! You are master on this way!!And remember my happy days as a diver!

Cheers. Polux
Very kind of you to say so, I love doing sunken wrecks, although sometimes I have had some abuse as to why I wanted to do war-grave. It is my tribute to all who have fallen and the wrecks now give life and shelter.

M

mobear

people who critisize such things are fools unto themselves,i think the ideas of sunken wrecks which you are fantastic at building,are pure art,because of the detail in them,and as you say a tribute they are.

mobear

A

andyrobs

\ said:
people who critisize such things are fools unto themselves,i think the ideas of sunken wrecks which you are fantastic at building,are pure art,because of the detail in them,and as you say a tribute they are.mobear
Well said mobear!!! Si, these dios for yours are all amazing work mate

Cheers, Andrew

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
people who critisize such things are fools unto themselves,i think the ideas of sunken wrecks which you are fantastic at building,are pure art,because of the detail in them,and as you say a tribute they are.mobear
I agree, people can be so blinkered.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Well said mobear!!! Si, these dios for yours are all amazing work mateCheers, Andrew
Thanks Andrew, glad you like them.

P

Polux

\ said:
Very kind of you to say so, I love doing sunken wrecks, although sometimes I have had some abuse as to why I wanted to do war-grave. It is my tribute to all who have fallen and the wrecks now give life and shelter.Si:smiling3:
Very nice tribute and detail to them Si, without doubt.

Can I ask, if you never try to show one of your builds inside a silicone block? Could be spectacular!!

I must said, but, ..... I try two times before on a old car, and all finish on absolutely dissaster.... ;)

I'm sure you can do it!! Let me know if sometime you try it!

Regards

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Very nice tribute and detail to them Si, without doubt. Can I ask, if you never try to show one of your builds inside a silicone block? Could be spectacular!!

I must said, but, ..... I try two times before on a old car, and all finish on absolutely dissaster.... ;)

I'm sure you can do it!! Let me know if sometime you try it!

Regards
Tricky stuff to work with, to get it to work right you really need a vacuum pump to get all the air out this allows the silicone to flow around and in the model. I have trouble using epoxy as water-doesn't shrink but large amounts craze and crack :sad:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Another great diorama Si, enjoying your work.

N

noble

this is quality si 10 out of 10 mate the paint work on the hell diver is top notch. an obsession if you don't mind,if you used scenic water and covered both kits in it to actually make water would just finish it off. top notch mate well done.

Scott

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Another great diorama Si, enjoying your work.
Thanks Joe, glad you're enjoying what I do.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
this is quality si 10 out of 10 mate the paint work on the hell diver is top notch. an obsession if you don't mind,if you used scenic water and covered both kits in it to actually make water would just finish it off. top notch mate well done.Scott
Cheers Scott, really happy you think its a good model. I have a USS Scorpion sunken dio to do, may use scenic water on this.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic dio Si ! Loving the effect on the helldiver and the sub looks brilliant , and it must be tiny too, 5 star job , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yep, 1/144 scale, a real pain for my disability and hands but it worked out okay, although doing another that scale maybe off the menu for a while.

Glad you like them.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks like you like sunken stuff
Hi John, yep, into sunken stuff at the moment. I shall be doing other stuff soon.