Mississppi stern wheeler

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all i thought i would post some pics of my favorite model subject namely ship preferably steam driven but i love any ship.

She is scratch built based on plans by Vic Smeed

she's been on hold over the winter as she's to big to build indoors and its freezing on the outhouse but the summer is coming so soon will be time for more work on her.

so what do you all think so far.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Amazing work. So far you've captured the detail of these old river steam paddle boats. The deocorative flowers are nicely done. This would look good posed in a river scene.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for that she will be on my boss's swimming pool when finished can't wait to see her paddling across the pool.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
she is sure a grand old lady, that's just traffic build :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks should finish her by the summer so will be trying her out soon, so can get on with some of my other started projects then going to try and force myself to finish some projects this year.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I too make RC boats, well tinker is more the word really lol. Once I have a bigger place to work in then I have a barge to convert into a narrow-boat, always wanted one and a 1/12 launch.

But, the important thing is back to yours. Lovely work so far, think it looks superb and should look stunning on a pond in the summer.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for that I can't wait for the summer

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all my catastrophe with the C17 has got me back onto my grand old lady temproarily anyway.

so I got her off the shelf and the first thing I notice is she needs lots of cleaning(I must remember to cover her up when not doing work on her)

so done the saftey rope round the crews deck

next is a lot of cleaning may have to remove all the rigging to do that properly (don't mind as i have some proper rigging line now)then I have to figure something out for the tops of the funnels.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking nice Ken, I have just put one of mine to one side lol, just cannot get into the RC boat at the moment.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Si it probably won't last I don't really feel like doing her to be honest I am just so pi@@ at the C17 at the moment I feel likestarting another kit but know I can't I have so many on the go at the moment I dare not start another I won't finish anything that way.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
LOL, I can only do one at a time, haven't space really and the RC boats are just sat on shelves. I would leave the C17 , box it back up and leave it for a while. Do something else.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've removed the rigging to aid cleaning.

as you can see I've also removed part of the deck to show the boiler as you couldn't really see it before ( also it helps with cleaning access).