Mixing satin paint for airbrush

G

Gerbzilla

Can anyone help me with this. whats the best mix for enamal satin and thinners please as I still beginer for airbrush and modelingmany thanks for your help....

B

Bunkerbarge

There are a lot of variables to consider here such as coverage you are after, type of brush, pressure etc but the general guide is the consistency of milk. In a glass container you should see the paint run down the sides and leave a thin sheen that looks like milk in a glass. A good starting point for enamel would be 50-50 but have a play with this on scrap and adjust the mix if you are not getting the effect you are looking for.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I don't think anyone can give you an exact ratio. There are too many variables,the paint,the thinner and then the airbrush set up. For most enamel paints I would suggest starting at a 50:50 mix and then adjusting that until you get the consistency that works for your set up.

Cheers

Steve

There seems to be an echo in here LOL. I must learn to type faster!

B

Bunkerbarge

Steve, I work on the idea that if we both say exactly the same thing there is a chance we might be right!!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Steve, I work on the idea that if we both say exactly the same thing there is a chance we might be right!!
We live in hope!

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Or at least one of you are......

I'll get my coat.

Ian M