Model Master to Humbrol

S

scalemod

Hi!

I try to ask answer at my question on Pienoismallit.net but I don't get a answer. So, now I asking on you guys. What color of Humbrol paints equivalent to Model Masters paint in 2106? The Finnish side, could never help, but I got the hint to go to get the right shades of Humbrol shades Hu116, Hu88 and Hu159. Osuvatko how those close to the correct tone. Working on the Zvezda MiG-21BIS by Finnish insignia and Model Master codes need to change the Humbrol or Revell.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Go to this site and add it to your book marks or favorits in your explorer:

http://www.paint4models.com

Its simple to use; even I can figure it out. You can convert most of the common paints in it-

Model Masters go under the name Testors.

Ian M

S

scalemod

Thank you Ian M. I check that site and add on my bookmarks, but there isn't that color. :sad: Any ideas?

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hey scalemod,

I was going to suggest - The Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart - too.

But if you try Britmodeller, there is a thread with info about Mig 21's including a Finnish one

Sorry I can't be more help.

Tony

S

scalemod

Thanks mossiepilot. If I'm not terrible wrong, is IPMS Stockholm sites find the color"charts" for those planes in different countries.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
well the mark one eyeball says its not far off >Vallejo Reflective Green. that converts to....Humbrol 102 BUT the big problem with LED moniters is the colour chances depending how you look at the screen!

I would say have a look and see what you think.

I have both as paint and they match quite well. Remember all is relative. Paint fades and losses colour, so as long as its close you will be fine.

I have learnt that being a colour "rivet counter" is a long and winding path to no where!!!

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I have learnt that being a colour "rivet counter" is a long and winding path to no where!!!

Ian M
Amen to that!

Steve

S

scalemod

Thank you guys! I'm going buy brushes so I must see, what color is closest to truth. And one absolutic color is impossible to find, be couse there isn't one right color.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Ain't that the truth.

As long as you're happy with the finished result, thats the best anyone can hope for in this game:goodluck:

Do your best.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I found that you can go quite mad trying to find the perfect match. Lets face it once an object has been painted and then driven, ridden, flown or sailed the paint is already affected by the enviroment.

The Only thing that I go to any real length with these days are Ships.

It is good to be in the ball park, so to speak but as long as it looks right it is right.

Ian M