Moebius Cylon Raider

First Name
Adrian
Well, had a few days with nothing jumping out at me to build so put this together, I thought about ordering the lighting kit for it till saw the $49.99 price tag !

Anyway a simple build and a good practice using Alclad II metals on a larger scale model ready for when I do a BMF aircraft.

Adrian

View attachment 74013

View attachment 74014

View attachment 74015

015.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

W

Willi262

I was always biased against the new BSG, never really cared for it.

Nice work on this though!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice , I have looked to get one of these but I find the design a little bland I much prefer the original Cylon Raider

But this is good I like it :smiling3:

P

Polux

Yep!! Very nice!!

The paint work with Alclad looks spot on.

You will try to polish it?

Cheers

Polux

First Name
Andy
\ said:
I thought about ordering the lighting kit for it till saw the $49.99 price tag !Adrian
Hi Adrian,

This looks great Sir, how did you find using the Allcad paint, I keep thinking about getting some but I've heard about the strong smell so wouldn't be able to paint in the kitchen...

Could you not make your own lighting kit, pop into Maplins they do a good selection of LED's etc...

Andy...

First Name
Adrian
Hi

Andy, the kit they sell has the red led's going back and forth, I looked and couldnt see Maplins doing anything like that. I've used Alclads before on my Ironman builds and presently using them on the Mk.42 armor I'm doing right now,,, I like them and they are so easy to clean up.

Pollux, the light off the flash makes it look cleaner than it is, I've actually weathered it a little, the only thing I see that shows that though is a glimpse of the engines in the pic, lol

Adrian

C

CDW

Adrian I've just looked on maplins site and they do everything that you need to make one yourself... cmos counter, nand gate, resistors, capacitors, led's etc.

What you like with a soldering iron? :smiling:

That's a nice finish on that kit, this aclad seems wonderful stuff indeed, your iron man was rather spectacular.. . . Any more kits you're going to do this finish with?

First Name
Dave
That looks superb Adrian.Im a big fan of the second series and its nice to see some BSG models being built.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That looks superb Adrian.Im a big fan of the second series and its nice to see some BSG models being built.
I'm a big fan of the second series it is probably the best SF show ever made it was really intelligent and showed every human aspect of human society

N

noble

Beautiful raider and i do love the paint work, i have to say i have been contemplating trying Alclad myself as the finish looks amazing.

scott

First Name
Adrian
I have to admit I do like working with Alclad paints, they spray nicely, the finish is the best Ive used on any metal finish paints and best of all, my airbrush cleans up nice and fast :smiling3:

Presently working on the Mk.XLII Ironman suit,,, I had to look it up, to me and you that's Mk.42 :smiling3: This will test my masking skills even more and its mostly a gold finish.

Adrian

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I am not a fan of the second series, just couldn't get into it...I live with rose-tinted specs on and live in the past with series from my youth. But, putting that aside, this is a good looking build Adrian, looks simple but as you say it is in the weathering that brings out this design. Good work.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

Can you get a comparable scale "person", paint him up as Mr stark and have the mk 42 in its respective parts flying towards him.. . . Now that would be smeggin' awesome :smiling: :smiling: :smiling: