Monster---- Bristol Freighter 1/72

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5496

You’ve made a great job of that Laurie. Strange looking bird though, almost looks like a toon....
Thanks very much. God Tim it really is ugly. However it used to requent Jersey so had to have its place. Going to relocate it at the end of the airport..

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Looks great Laurie– I think ugly planes often make the most interesting models. Is it the Airfix kit?
Thanks Mike. No a FLY type. Although Elephant would have been better. But I do like elephants :tongue-out3:

Fly. Another one that you have to reference which sprue it is on.

Laurie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great result on this Laurie and I really like all the "Airport" activity you have included. I worked at and around Airports all my career life and you have captured the essence of it to a "T". Rick H.

D

Deleted member 5496

Great result on this Laurie and I really like all the "Airport" activity you have included. I worked at and around Airports all my career life and you have captured the essence of it to a "T". Rick H.
Thanks Rick very nice to read your comment. My problem is I have few more to go & running out of space.

Laurie

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Maybe so but you do it very well.........If I were you I'd be looking round for a bigger Airport....unless you want a couple of them overhead doing a low level approach. :tongue-out3: ;) :thumb2: Rick H.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 5496

Maybe so but you do it very well.........If I were you I'd be looking round for a bigger Airport....unless you want a couple of them overhead doing a low level approach. :tongue-out3: ;) :thumb2: Rick H.
Well Rick, sadly, from our flat we see all the aircraft approaching the airport. Jersey one of the busiest, or was , in Europe

I would dearly like to see them again as at the moment it seems like a solitary one every couple of days. We used to have the smaller ones come over our flats. Not one for a long time.

Some progress as Guernsey has only one & Jersey three positive covid types (the other smaller islands nil) that is among 200,000 just one in hospital.
So flights btween the Islands have started again.

Have to say that I am proud as the populations of the Islands have, except for the idiot few, been exceptionally disciplined in their lives which pays huge dividends.

That is nice.

Laurie

Reactions: JR

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely result Laurie. I've been up close with a few Bristol Freighters, and they are indeed big aeroplanes. Functional but not beautiful. And very noisy! They were used by the RNZAF until the 1970s for flying supplies and personnel from friendly SE Asian countries to Vietnam during that conflict. One of the old airframes was, in recent years, salvaged from outdoor storage at a local aerodrome and shipped back to the UK for restoration where it was born.

Great work, your Jersey Airport is filling up!

D

Deleted member 5496

Lovely result Laurie. I've been up close with a few Bristol Freighters, and they are indeed big aeroplanes. Functional but not beautiful. And very noisy! They were used by the RNZAF until the 1970s for flying supplies and personnel from friendly SE Asian countries to Vietnam during that conflict. One of the old airframes was, in recent years, salvaged from outdoor storage at a local aerodrome and shipped back to the UK for restoration where it was born.

Great work, your Jersey Airport is filling up!
Look forward to your replies Joe.

Great narratives love reading them. Sad fact that not enough "chat" goes on in this world. It does bring us all together.

I have been deprived in a year. If I got in to one our lifts to the flats I made sure they all chatted. It makes so much difference & people make friends. Now only one per lift so sad.

Laurie