View attachment 100454

View attachment 100455

View attachment 100459

View attachment 100460

View attachment 100464

View attachment 100465

View attachment 100470

Hi Guys

karl dio finished after eight weeks fulltime work.

the theme is karl being transported to a destryed station on the border with Poland ? and you see karl driving off after being lowered on to wooden baulks on track, with troops supervising and warching .Karls shell loader is being lifted off halftrack by the munition panzer ready to fit on to karl , supplies are being unloaded and i think the guy on back transporter is looking in the box for his sandwiches.

Hope you like, any comments welcome.

View attachment 100449

View attachment 100452

View attachment 100456

View attachment 100457

View attachment 100461

View attachment 100466

View attachment 100467

View attachment 100468

View attachment 100469

View attachment 100471

karl dios (23).jpg

karl 2 013.jpg

karl dios (1).jpg

karl dios (2).jpg

karl dios (3).jpg

karl dios (4).jpg

karl dios (5).jpg

karl dios (6).jpg

karl dios (7).jpg

karl dios (8).jpg

karl dios (9).jpg

karl dios (10).jpg

karl dios (11).jpg

karl dios (12).jpg

karl dios (13).jpg

karl dios (14).jpg

karl dios (15).jpg

karl dios (16).jpg

karl dios (17).jpg

karl dios (18).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
barry
Hi Guys

sorry about all the duplicate photos, i also downloaded them in the order i wanted them veiwed!!! dont know what went wrong.

bazer.

First Name
Dave
Wow excellent so much to look at very impressive well done certainly worth th effort

Dave

T

Tibbs

That is just brilliant,and i certainly didnt mind looking at the photos twice;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi Guys
sorry about all the duplicate photos, i also downloaded them in the order i wanted them veiwed!!! dont know what went wrong.

bazer.
That is brilliant Bazer. You must have quite a few train dio's if my memory serves me.

About the photos, Could you be a gent and edit the doubles out. No point in filling the new server up with duplicate pictures.

If I may point to a couple of things that you may have not noticed. The ramp that chap is about to chuck an oil drum down. It it the wrong way up- there seams to be a few ejector pin marks on them...

Again only a small detail but that guy 'looking for his lunch' He must have eaten a whole box of wheetabix holding that chain up with one hand! Maybe a bit smaller chain might make his search easier.

Never the less a great build with loads of details for the eye to feast on. Love the loco as well. far to many 'black' ones, nice to see one in camouflage.

Great build X loads!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You're getting b****y good at these railway dios Barry!

First Name
barry
Thanks for comments ian how do i edit doubles out

I thought the ramps were the wright way round !!! I did think that about the chain and forgot to change it.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb very impressive,so much detail.to look at each time you see more and more, :D

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
What a superb job ............. Really Very Impressive.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
A magnificent looking diorama Barry. There are so many little great builds in that scene that one Great build award doesn't seem enough.

First Name
barry
Thanks for all your comments guys,

anyone know how to remove duplicate photos?.

First Name
Aaron
Wow Baz. Just completing this is an achievement, and here I am complaining about a diorama with two figures. My hat tipped in your direction sir.

T

tommy1drop

Fantastic work Baz, cracking build, so much to look at, top work mate;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thanks for comments ian how do i edit doubles out
Easier to do than to explain... :smiling3: Let me know it I have deleted any I should not have done. o:O

One day you will have to treat us to a couple of photos of all the Rail diorama's that you have done! Must be an impressive collection

Ian M

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is one amazing dio, loads to see and admire, great stuff Barry-top work.

Si:smiling3:

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Thanks for all your comments guys,
anyone know how to remove duplicate photos?.
I think you press the Edit button on the screen at the bottom of the post. Then try selecting the photo and pressing the Delete key (on the keyboard). I think that might work.

S

Stevekir

Very very VERY good. The huge amount of detail makes it, also the sheer modelling quality. I have copied three for my "Superb Modelling Examples file.

Faultless... er, I actually found one! The man attending the lowering of the heavy load: the nearest chain to the viewer is not tight. There, I found one!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
EPIC ! especially for 1/72! while I would NEVER criticize such a STUNNING piece aside from the chain {should be scaled down a bit} now that it's all done maybe you should think about "grubbing" things up a bit. Every thing looks so

'clean" and in it's "proper place" nothing wrong with that mind you, but the real world is seldom so. I'm not suggesting you start a new technique on your "deservedly so new pride and joy" just grab an older project laying around and start slapping it about, you'll find your own way. start with a dark dirty wash then start dry brushing lighter tones, scatter some debris of sorts about "a little chaos can be a good thing" try studying some wartime pics and you'll get plenty of ideas. As Always Given With Love JIM ;)