Motor Information wanted

I

IainM

I have the following electric motors but have long since lost any original data that may have come with them.

Can anyone help please?

For use on scale model boats FPB's mainly (range of hull sizes 30" up to 48").

Barracuda by MFA

Bullet 30 by RipMax

Johnson EM888

You can probably tell .... I've been digging thru my bits box!

Thanks

A

adzam

hi ian, i`ve had look around, and i have not been able to come up with any more info on these motors for you, have you tried contacting maybe scoonie hobbies or westbourne model centre.

cheers

Adz..

U

Uncivil Serpent

Hi Iain,

All I can help with on this is that the Barracuda from MFA has been replaced by the Torpedo range of motors. If I remember correctly, they could operate from 6 - 12 volts, but don't know what amps they pulled etc. Possibly used in larger model boats than anything else.

Chris

I

IainM

Thanks fellas,

Replies much appreciated.

I am reluctant to toss out goodly chunks of copper, so I shall be doing some 'load/speed/current' testing over the winter months. If anyone is interested I'll post them here when allus done.

K

Kiwi

Found some info on the Barracuda in an ad in the April 82 Model Boats;

Length 79mm X 76mm diam, 5/16" shaft, weight 0.9 kg, 10 pole balanced armature ,12-24V 6 amp average current draw on load, 4-8,000 rpm, for boats 3'-4' approx length

HTH

Nev

K

Kiwi

Found some more info in a 1984 MB about the Barracuda, current consumption @ 12 v: 1.5 amps (no load) up to 4 amps (loaded) and @ 24v: 2 amps up to 6amps. RPM 12v 4000 (no load) 24v 8000 (no load). Drives props up to X 70

In the 82 mag they were lamenting that the Bullet was no longer available, I'll get around to going through my earlier mags (Back as far as "Model Maker"!) at some stage and see what I can turn up.

G

George

Iain,

Contact Allistair Graham of Motors Direct. He will be at Blackpool or at the following,

Model Motors Direct,

Harvester Yard,

Ditcheat,

Somerset BA4-6RB

Sorry he does not have a web site or 'E' mail address,

I will look out his phone number for you I hace it some where

George

I

IainM

Barracuda Motor

Found some more info in a 1984 MB about the Barracuda, current consumption @ 12 v: 1.5 amps (no load) up to 4 amps (loaded) and @ 24v: 2 amps up to 6amps. RPM 12v 4000 (no load) 24v 8000 (no load). Drives props up to X 70In the 82 mag they were lamenting that the Bullet was no longer available, I'll get around to going through my earlier mags (Back as far as "Model Maker"!) at some stage and see what I can turn up.
Hi Kiwi,

Thank you very much for the info.

I would like to use this motor in a 48" Aerokits fire tender hull that I had previously converted to a petrol strimmer motor with a variable pitch prob unit. It all turned out to be a bit too uncontrollable (over powered!) - good fun mind you!!

Your data is just what I needed.

Many thanks.

PS ... If anyone is looking for a strimmer motor complete with centrifugal cluch, fuel tank, valves & exhaust........ I've got one in the garage.

:thumbs-up

N

number-1

Hi IainM I have a Bullet 30 motor with the following info still attached to it, hope it helps:- voltage ratings, 10-20 electric flight. 6-8 marine crusing, 8-12 marine sporting,

10-24 marine racing. It also warns to use a 15 amp fuse in the circuit, cheers Les