Moulding issue with Tamiya kit. Advice wanted please.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Where abouts are you ? You say they are on your doorstep, I live in Milton Keynes, I was lucky I think in that when I needed the sprue they let me collect, I'm only 10 minutes away, when there they showed me there foyer, lots of display cabinets, and a quick look at the warehouse, its huge. They act mainly as a wholesale outlet, but Al's Hobbies in Wolverton can order stuff in if it's a decent size order otherwise if there's no rush he said he'd add it to his order with them.
Will PM with details tomorrow.

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7181

Well, I don't think you can beat that for service. 9:05 on a Monday morning and I get an email requesting a copy of the receipt and my address details so they can send out a replacement sprue.

Of course the receipt is at home so it'll be delayed a day or two while I scan & upload it, but I can't argue with how quickly Hobbyco got back to me!

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Well, I don't think you can beat that for service. 9:05 on a Monday morning and I get an email requesting a copy of the receipt and my address details so they can send out a replacement sprue.

Of course the receipt is at home so it'll be delayed a day or two while I scan & upload it, but I can't argue with how quickly Hobbyco got back to me!
Fantastic news, I'm glad they didnt let you down after I sang there praises.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Also glad you got it sorted :thumb2: :thumb2:, told you they were good.

Although I should also sing praise to John at Scale Model Shop as well, I had a problem with a Takom
panther kit from him, emailed Takom no response - emailed John with a piccie for
advice - he sent a message by return to say the faulty bits had been posted!!!
Now that's even better service!:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Paul.
:smiling:

D

Deleted member 7181

I did panic a little when I first noticed the issue Paul, knowing that my wife hadn't bought it from Scale Model Shop, as John has been very helpful in the past and I wasn't sure if the other retailer would get anywhere close.

Thankfully you guys steered my towards Hobbyco and they well and truly came through.