Movie and TV subjects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Something I’ve been thinking about suggesting for a while now: models based on movies and TV shows. That is to say, anything or anyone that’s recognizably from a movie or a TV show, whether it’s the DeLorean time machine, an X-Wing fighter, KITT, Oddball’s Sherman, Maverick’s F-14, Spider-Man, an FV 432 mocked up to look like a StuG, the Blues Mobile, a figure of Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine, a yellow Reliant Robin with “Trotter’s Independent Trading Cº” on the side, Blue Thunder, ED-209, or whatever else strikes your fancy.

However, things from reality shows wouldn’t be eligible unless they recognizably only go with that particular show. A police car as seen on Police Interceptors is technically from a TV show, for example, but if you see it you won’t automatically associate it with that so it wouldn’t fit this GB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A good suggestion Jakko.
We had a similar GB a few years ago and it was quite well attended! Maybe it is time for a repeat..... See what I did there.
Are we lining this up for '23?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Absolutely no idea what I would do, but there's such a wide scope that I'd DEFINITELY be joining in. :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
We had a similar GB a few years ago and it was quite well attended! Maybe it is time for a repeat..... See what I did there.
:smiling3:

Are we lining this up for '23?
That would be my suggestion, unless you want to make it a “speed build” to be started and completed this year ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Definitely in…..I have two busts and a set of 28mm figures that will fit this brief!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I have a 'Shaun the Sheep' Land Rover......:flushed:
Go for it! It’s recognizably from a TV show and so it fits the theme :smiling3:

I might have that fake Tiger from Kelly's Heroes.........
In a very old Tamiya catalog is a diorama based on the film, with a T-34 kit converted to a “Tiger” like in the film. At the time I didn’t understand that model at all, until I saw the film some years later.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Think ill be up for this one, haven't a clue what i would build yet but sure i could come up with something.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great idea Jakko!!! I'll have to sit this one out though as I don't have anything suitable. But there will obviously be a great variety of different things on show.

Good for thinking of it!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have two possibilities, the U Vll C from Das Boot or an X-Wing fighter from Star Wars......was there another GB scheduled between now and years end or am I imagining things?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Will watch !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Oh!!!........just remembered, There's supposed to be a GB with some Emergency, First responders type vehicles.....999/911 stuff. I think Dave (Gern) is heading it up in January. Anyway, I'm definitely interested if the two GB's don't conflict with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.