Moz AF MiG 17

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Theuns , its not an easy kit is it!? nice fix on the screen, and its not very often we see anything in Mozambique AF colours!! cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Sweet Mig Theuns ,the finish looks awesome! Very nicely done Sir!

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A thing of beauty Theuns.

5 stars my friend.

Tony.

M

Mustang69

Classic Build! I'm appreciating your themes from the SA point of view. Looking forward to see what you come up with next.

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx lads. As for my next "trick" I have gotten my hands on a 1/32 Tamiya P-51 d that I will do in the sceeme of the SAAF 2 sqn 1950 Korea.

I also want to so a 1/48 Mirage F1cz in the first air superiority sceeme called " Le Spectre" It was the plane Maj. Johan Rankin used to get his second "gun kill" on an Angolan MiG 21 at less than 300m !

I am also busy sanding a 1/72 new tool Airfix Canberra mk 12 in SAAF PRU blue sceeme.

So many builds, so little time LOL

Theuns

PS Mustang, where you in SA?

M

Mustang69

Awesome, was hoping you would do a Korean WAR SAAF Mustang! One of my favourite parts of the SAAf history.

I'm thinking of getting the Airfix Hawker Hart 1/48 at some point, the one with the SAAF decals. Had a grandfather that went to North Africa with them at the outbreak of the WAR, so a bit personal there.

I'm still struggling to get the building mojo going properly again with a Stuka that's progressing bit by bit after just recovering from a broken leg that kept me from building for about 9 weeks.

I'm in Pretoria, Wonderboom South. Wish we had the kind of model building shows I see the UK guys in the forum attending. Would be wonderful to be able to pick the brains on building tips from veteran builders like yourself at such shows.

T

T. van Vuuren

I went to high school and lived in Wonderboom south. Did my military service at AFB Swartkops in 1990.

There is a model club that meets at the swartkops AFB meseum every month and we meet at the imperial war meseaum in JHB every month aswell, That is where I learn allot. Also sometimes pick up kits for loads cheaper!

The Airfix Hart saams to be the old raised moldings . just with SAAF decals though, I will give it a skip for now till there is an ACTUAL new tool kit out.

I also had a grandfarther that was a mechanic on Huricaines in the Northern desert during WW2

Small world...

Theuns

PS, if you can see if you want to attend the JHB Gold reef modlers next 13 April. You can give me a call if you want.I will be going there aswell.

083 742 2928

M

Mustang69

Thanks for the advise on the Hart, will take it as I do have some more models to build in the mean time.

I'll see if I can make it closer to the 13th and will let you know. Thanks for the invite and number. Really appreciated :smiling3: