Mr Surfacer 1500 Black rare as rocking horse s***

FlashGordon25

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Hi all,

I’m keen to get my hands on some Mr Surfacer 1500 black to try as a primer but it appears that it is rarer than a can of dandelion and burdock.

anyone got a black book of somewhere than might have it? Or a similar alternative? I think I was pointed in the direction of an MRP paint if there is any experience with it? I had briefly looked at an alclad primer also. Any decent lacquer based primers would be great.

slupanter

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alexander
I do have some 1500 black. Love it, but I use 1000-1500 grey most. MRP primer is not worth it, £5 a bottle for 50ml and I can't control the thinner in it. 1500 coverage is nicer too. Try Premium Hobbies.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Matt, If you are in the UK...Try John at the Scale Model Shop if he does not have it he can probably get it for you. :thumb2:
Rick H.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi all,

I’m keen to get my hands on some Mr Surfacer 1500 black to try as a primer but it appears that it is rarer than a can of dandelion and burdock.
It's been in short supply for a while, I've been struggling to get it since the start of the year.

A big shipment finally hit the UK a month or so ago but many (including me) stocked up with numerous bottles, making it scarce again.

Hopefully supply/demand levels will settle down to normal soon.

FlashGordon25

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
It's been in short supply for a while, I've been struggling to get it since the start of the year.

A big shipment finally hit the UK a month or so ago but many (including me) stocked up with numerous bottles, making it scarce again.

Hopefully supply/demand levels will settle down to normal soon.
Squirrelling it all away, Andy?! Sounds wise. I did manage to find some this evening so I won’t stay too mad at you. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That stuck container ship at the Suez should have arrived sometime ago...they just have to organise the inventory and distribution I think. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That stuck container ship at the Suez should have arrived sometime ago...they just have to organise the inventory and distribution I think. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
Richard makes a change from blaming the normal (now ) excuse. Fully agree with you though :smiling3:Hope your well .

First Name
Noel
Guys! Once you've had that beer to go Halfords and get an aerosol can of their Matt black acrylic primer.

FlashGordon25

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
@FlashGordon25
Did you get your Dandelion & Burdock, oh and how are you getting on with 1500 Black?
Did find some 1500 in some independent model shop online, have put a build together to give it a go when i have some spare time. As for the dandelion and burdock cans, the quest continues. Will have to settle for beers instead. Shame.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I notice with interest that when I posted a blank bottle on recent acquisitions I was pulled up by the mods !:surprised: