MS-1 (T-18)

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Greetings,friends! I need some rest after A13. I'd like to build something different. So I think this rare and very interesting tank will be very welcome.

Here I am today near St. Petersburg with MS broken hull.
photo-2021-05-09-21-53-55.jpg

I have an early variant kit from Hobby Boss, outstanding resin kit with chassis and Masterclub tracks.
310ab5-01f44099bcd14f1ea7c8ad4ba5eb243d-mv2.jpg

mtl35193.jpg

24801-970x0.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks like a Renault FT on steroids
That’s pretty much what it was: the USSR decided to improve on the FT and the MS-1 was the result.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You can't keep a good man down. Great project. I hate master club tracks. Hopefully they are not the metal ones???

• Haha
Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Artyom

Interesting choice and I think the first one I've been seen built on a forum.

Slightly ashamed to say the first time I came across it was on World of Tanks, where it starts the Russian line if I remember correctly.

As always I have every faith in your abilities.

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Hi,friends! Yes,it something different. Of course I have plans to build some Soviet pre-war tanks. Sometimes I get back to this topic. Indeed this tank is a deep modification of FT-17 by soviet engineers. First soviet serial tank.
Masterclub cancelled produce resin track some time ago. All their new tracks are from metal. I hope this project will be interesting to me and for all of you.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi,friends! Yes,it something different. Of course I have plans to build some Soviet pre-war tanks. Sometimes I get back to this topic. Indeed this tank is a deep modification of FT-17 by soviet engineers. First soviet serial tank.
Masterclub cancelled produce resin track some time ago. All their new tracks are from metal. I hope this project will be interesting to me and for all of you.
Artyom,
Be very carefull of the tracks they will be fragile unlike Fruil tracks, my M113 ones were a nightmare so resorted to using brass wire instead of the plastic pins which half the time did not fit.
Mike.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Totally concur with Mike. I am just finishing off my C7P tracks and I changed the plastic pins to 0.4mm wire but again you have to be careful when fitting together so as not to bend each link.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This should be a snap Artyom..........not nearly as many rivets to do and it looks to be a bit smaller than the A 13. :thumb2: I'll stick with this and see how you do. Rick H.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
I have some experience with those tracks. Thank you for advice. I usually change all thin pins by wire. Then I just glue a pin rivet in the end. This tank is very small. I think it could fit on A13 engine deck. Remember Japanese tankette TK on Sherman.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just getting settled here.........will follow with much interest to see how you improve the T18. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a tricky bit of "putty" engineering there Artyom......Those gussets look considerably stronger than what the kit provided. Should do the job nicely. Rick H.