Mud Trap

First Name
Charles
I have been experimenting with different types of methods lately. This time is with mud. Yep! Good old natural mud. :smiling3: I used mud collected from a neighboring farmer's dirt road. Really fine dirt, I must add. All I did in this diorama, was add PVA glue, and a little water, and Voila! The muddy puddles you see were done using a mixture of Liquitex gloss medium & varnish, and their Transparent Raw Sienna ink for the muddy look. I also tried a little mixture of MIG wet effects and Liquitex Raw Sienna. I think the end result looks pretty convincing. I am still fine tuning the surrounding areas by doing some dry-brushing on the mud, to bring out the different texture. But so far, it appeals to me. The model itself is from AMT 350 Pay hauler. I had this kit for a while and did not know what to do with it. The big bucket was cut down to fit. So there is no chassi just the big bucket and front end of the pay hauler. I did much on the interior with some additions and some minor scratch built parts. This scenes inspiration was taken from many photos of collapse mines or sink holes that dumpers and machines alike, have fallen victims. As always, I like to always do some different and try to go one-step further. ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Glad to see the poor driver got out charles ! Although if theyre taking it out of his wages maybe he wishes he hadnt !

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's one ditched 'Cornbinder'. Beautiful job on the mud.

First Name
Charles
Glad to see the poor driver got out charles ! Although if theyre taking it out of his wages maybe he wishes he hadnt !
HeHe!!! It'll depends if it was a situation where it could not be controlled or deemed responsible as he could be unaware. Who knows. ;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very cool and very different Charles!!!

Very well done.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
MISSING! One International Harvester Pay Hauler.........last seen partially submerged in the Mud Bath from H*ll ........anyone with information as to the whereabouts please contact...........

Well done Charles on an extremely realistic little dio. :thumb2:

• Haha
Reactions: JR
First Name
Charles
MISSING! One International Harvester Pay Hauler.........last seen partially submerged in the Mud Bath from H*ll ........anyone with information as to the whereabouts please contact...........

Well done Charles on an extremely realistic little dio. :thumb2:
Much appreciated. Btw, that was a good intro.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Charles, absolutely brilliant. Apart form the idea the mud is so realistic , well do .
The committee thought the same and have awarded you the.
download THE DOGS.jpg
Congratulations.

Caustik Filth

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rob
Loving this Charles, loads!
Can I ask what you used to put it in? It looks like heavy duty plastic drainage pipe, could it be?
Wonderful!
Cheers Rob.