My first 1/144 model Plane, The Tornado by Revell.

ColinW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I've managed to make a start on my first 1/144 Tornado, and I'm enjoying it.
Twice I nearly lost a tiny part to the carpet abyss, but I got lucky, must be a good omen.
Iv put the cockpit together with some basic painting and fixed the outer nose around it.
Looks like the nose will need a little work to smooth the seam line, and a little painting and touching up inside the cockpit is needed.
So I'm leaving it here for my first stint and will update as I go along.
It's going to be as and when I can, so might not be very regular.
But I've made a start :smiling:1000006209.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Colin CAN you please fit on full size pics as to me your pic is blurred an full size pics show up the detail better
chrisb

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
It's a good job it was pointed out that the cockpit was between the clamps, I was looking at the clear pointy thing next to the glue bottle and wondering what part of a Tornado that was.... Nurse get me white stick and bottle bottom glasses, and stop me guide dog doing whatever it is to the cat....
No, just kidding, looking forward to seeing this build.
As an aside, when you post a pic, do this-
'Attach files'
Select your pic by clicking on it,
'Open'
'Insert'
'Full image'
That will save a lot of the old fogies on here spilling their tea over the keyboard, and their teeth dropping out looking at the small image....
Cheers
Mike.

ColinW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's a good job it was pointed out that the cockpit was between the clamps, I was looking at the clear pointy thing next to the glue bottle and wondering what part of a Tornado that was.... Nurse get me white stick and bottle bottom glasses, and stop me guide dog doing whatever it is to the cat....
No, just kidding, looking forward to seeing this build.
'Attach files'
'Open'
'Insert'
'Full image'
That will save a lot of the old fogies on here spilling their tea over the keyboard, and their teeth dropping out looking at the small image....
Cheers
Mike.
Ah, yes sorry about that, I'm not the greatest with technology. I'll make sure I do that next time.
Cheers
Col

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
'Attach files'
'Open'
'Insert'
'Full image'
I just hit the little picture icon at the top of the reply box. You can then drag & drop a picture straight into it from a suitable device, or click the box that appears and it will take you to your pictures on a phone / tablet.

Cuts out a few steps :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I just hit the little picture icon at the top of the reply box. You can then drag & drop a picture straight into it from a suitable device, or click the box that appears and it will take you to your pictures on a phone / tablet.

Cuts out a few steps :smiling3:
You and me both Andy. Don’t even drag and drop, just select picture and click add.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Sorry, forgot the full image tab.
You can edit existing posts you make. Adding or deleting material as required.
On the left side bottom of your post, on my machine anyway, there is an edit and delete button.
On my mobile it’s 4 dots which when pressed brings up the edit prompt!!

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
You can edit existing posts you make. Adding or deleting material as required.
On the left side bottom of your post, on my machine anyway, there is an edit and delete button.
On my mobile it’s 4 dots which when pressed brings up the edit prompt!!
My missus uses it on me all the time, and the mute button....

ColinW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Now that is starting to look like a Tornado. I think the panel lines will still be visible after a primer and top coat.
Thank you, im going to use a dry brush technique to paint the colour on which I saw on YouTube , to keep the paint a thin as I can.