My first Build a Tamiya Mosquito 1\48

T

tecdes

Hi Leslie & welcome to this forum which is as good as you can possibly get.

Just takes me back before Christmas & finishing my Revell 1/48 Mosquito. Going to take some pictures at the weekend as of yet not posted any at all.

Look forward to seeing some more pictures of yours. I wished I had gone for the Tamiya. The Revell was very difficult with poor joins on the fuselage & nacelles.

Laurie

D

dubster72

Welcome aboard Gren! Your Mossie is looking good! I'll be interested to watch this one get built.

Patrick

B

Brickie

Not bad at all - though the pilot looks a bit like he's wearing lipstick. Still, who am I to judge...

First Name
Dave
Welcome to the forum Leslie.Some good detail painting on the Mosquito.

G

Gren

Yes you are right Brickie, does look like he is wearing lipstick..Have but that right. good job he was only place in and not stuck down.I think he looks a bit better now!!!.

Thanks to all for your encouragement.I was reading on the forum about the superglue and baking powder so thought I would try it.Seems good will post a pic when I have sanded it down properly.

Sum new pics of the face of the pilot

View attachment 42319

005.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi leslie , welcome to the forum. The tamiya mosquito is a beautiful kit , youll love it. I wouldnt imagine youll be doing much filling though, keep up the good work , cheers tony

G

Gren

Just a quick update on my Mosquito,you can see it is ready for painting.Put Mossie together,propellers on and a few pieces just to see how it is looking.Striped down again has you can see washed and ready.Going to try my hand at Airbrushing so hope I do not ruin it.I have read a few tips on here so fingers crossed.View attachment 38468View attachment 38469View attachment 38470View attachment 38471View attachment 38472

View attachment 42549

View attachment 42550

View attachment 42551

View attachment 42552

View attachment 42553

10.01.12.2.jpg

10.01.12.3.jpg

10.01.12.4.jpg

10.01.12.jpg

10.01.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking really nice Leslie.

I'll enjoy watching this.

Tony.

D

dubster72

It's come together very well Leslie, looking forward to seeing the paint go on.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The Mossie is such a beautiful bird and you are certainly doing her justice...

K

Kressy13

Looking good so far mate. I did the same model on my return to the hobby. Nowhere near as good as your so far. Keep at it.

Cheers

Kresten

G

Gren

A quick update on my Mossie.You can see from the photo's that I have gone for 143 Squadron,Hope I can do them Justis!!! All together and painted now I was wondering if I should try a bit of weathering round the exhausts.Don't know how to go about it and the colors, so will have to do a bit of reading on this forum.Any advice would be most great-full.

View attachment 39228View attachment 39229View attachment 39230View attachment 39231View attachment 39232

Thanks for all your encouragements.

Les

View attachment 43193

View attachment 43194

View attachment 43195

View attachment 43196

View attachment 43197

24.01 (2).jpg

24.01 (3).jpg

24.01 (5).jpg

24.01 (6).jpg

IMG_8071.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you are a brush painter, the best way you can do the staining for the exhaust is probably with pastels. Grate them up on a piece of rough sandpaper so you get a powder. I would go for a blackish brown. paint the powder on dry with a soft brush, and concentrate the pigment in the centre. A little light grey in the centre if you want the full high lead fuel effect...

Hope that some help. Also try doing a forum search for Mosquito or Mossy/Mossie. It should turn up some of the thread here with Mossies, There are a few.. :smiling:

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First build ever?

Very well done that man.

Ian M