First Name
Richard
Nice start Josh.

1/72 scale is it?

will watch closely on this one

Cheers Richi

First Name
Robert
Have you used any pva glue ontop of the sand to get it to stay , and is it going to be a desert scene?

Cheers

Robert

J

Josh

\ said:
Have you used any pva glue ontop of the sand to get it to stay , and is it going to be a desert scene?
Cheers

Robert
Hello, yes I used PVA glue to get the sand to stick. I then used multiple layers of dry brushing to remove the shiney finish.

My plan was to make this Holland, and a cross roads during operation market garden. The ground is brown with a hint of yellow. Nothing is accurate and no research was done prior to this. It was mainly me experimenting

First Name
Robert
That's a really good job you have done to date josh ( it's nice that your experimenting but keeping the authenticity of Holland and market garden. I have tried making a copy of a scene from a photograph etc but I think using a bit of imagination and trial and error we get there in the end and its your effort that counts

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
good start Josh,and giving yourself a frame to work within , ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A very nice start Josh the ground work looks good just make sure that when the Tank is sitting on the ground its tracks are in the ground not just sat on top

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Cheap photo frames from Wilkinson's make great diorama bases - great work so far.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a cracking job so far Josh ......... I'll be watching your progress with this one.

J

Josh

Thanks guys. Does anyone have any tips on using static grass ? Do you leave as is or do you use a fixer to strengthen ?

First Name
Richard
Hi Josh,

as I can see from you pictures you used long grass.

you can leave it the way it sits or you can use some clear coat to strengthen it a bit.

I recommend the clear coat if you want to drybrush the grass later on, but if not leave it like it sits.

Hope it helps

Cheers Richi

N

noble

Hi Josh that looks like nice work, I will be following eagerly.

scott