My Honda RC211V Valencia '03 Build

J

John Huggins

Looking good Mattm, will be keeping an eye on this one.

John.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Mattm. Welcome aboard.

Like the look of that engine block.

I am also guilty of being the one that moved your post to the Under construction section. There are loads of places you can post things but after a while you get a feel of where they should go so people can see them and find them again. I Hope that you dont mind.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Great looking engine and good luck with the chain set,looking forward to more.

M

mattm

Hi guys.

Sorry its been so long for an update, unfortunately I work nights so sometimes progress is a little slow depending on how tired i am. Anyway, I have some more photos for you guys.

View attachment 33492

The wheels are now completed, a little of the paint has chipped when putting the tyres on, all Photo etch parts are on, including the rear brake disc and wheels weights on the rims.

View attachment 33493

Fuel tank assembly and painting completed, Tamiya TS-29 was used for this, straight from the can.

View attachment 33494

Heres the swing arm completed, minus chain as I'm yet to build it. Sprayed with Humbrol Metallic Silver again straight from the can, various Photo etch parts have been used here as well.

View attachment 33495View attachment 33496

Engine and frame fully painted and assembled, frame sprayed with Humbrol again this time over a black undercoat, can really tell the difference between using black as an undercoat, as the swing arm was done with white. Lots of Photo Etch here, particually at the back of the frame.

I need to get started on making the chain, I need to get a soldering iron for the chain to melt the plastic once the metal links are on, so if anyone knows where I can pick one up cheap?

Anyway, i'm back at work tonight, hopefully I can make some more progress this week.

Cheers, Matt.

View attachment 38170

View attachment 38171

View attachment 38172

View attachment 38173

View attachment 38174

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

M

mattm

Hi,

Just a small update and a few photos.

Not been getting too far recently, but anyway here's what I have done.

View attachment 34535

The fuel tank, with exhaust now attached.

View attachment 34536

Seat sprayed with MS-10 and now masked off ready to paint with TS-64, when I can get some more, my local Modelzone is out of stock.

View attachment 34537

Front wheel and front forks now assembled, just awaiting the decals to be done.

View attachment 34538

Here's the Model Factory chain, looking good.....until I was trying to join the last two links together, when part of it broke off where the plastic hadnt melted properly during assembly, due to the way this chain is assembled, i.e placing the metal links over the plastic and melting with the soldering iron, I have been unable to repair this chain.

So I have been brought for me by my wonderful girlfriend the Top Studio chain set, which looks to be even more of a challenge to build.

Anyone have any experience building these?

So I have the handlebars left to paint and some sections of the body, then I just need to assemble everything.

Hope you guys are enjoying the photos and updates.

Cheers Matt

View attachment 39027

View attachment 39028

View attachment 39029

View attachment 39030

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

B

Bikecrazidanny

Looking good matt, how detailed are these GP bike out of the box cause I so wanna do one :smiling3: ?

M

mattm

Hi danny,

Out of the box these kits are pretty good, Tamiya being one of the best. I used to build these bikes straight out of the box and have only recently started using photo etch on my bikes. Would definitely suggest you give one a go. Let us know if you do.

Cheers matt

M

m1ks

Looking good there, coming along very well.Have you tried a youtube how to search for the chain assembly? Don't know if there are any on there but worth a try?

B

Bikecrazidanny

oh and just another quick one matt, what paints did you use for the engine and what are you going to be using for the main body ???

M

mattm

Hi, have used Tamiya paints throughout, for the engine XF-56 was used for pretty much most of it. And for the body, TS-64(Dark Mica Blue) is used, along with MS-10(Flourescent Yellow) and MS-9(Flourescent Orange) for the wheels.

Matt

M

mattm

Hi guys.

Sorry for the delay in updates, any way here goes.

View attachment 35863

Chain is complete and nearly on. The chain was fairly easy to build, if very very time consuming.

View attachment 35864

The chain is finally on, found out that the chain is a couple of links to big, so the chain is a little too loose, but am very happy with the final result.

View attachment 35865

Fuel tank and exhaust pipes on, finally feel like I'm making some progress now with this build.

View attachment 35866

Radiator is now on.

Need to get the rest of the bodywork spray painted, but as i only have outside to do that its very dependant on the weather.

Will update again soon.

Cheers Matt

View attachment 40224

View attachment 40225

View attachment 40226

View attachment 40227

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
nice build matt - i just bought one of these from the states 03 repsol tamiya 14097 intersesting to watch your build before i start mine, (just about to post a new tread

on another build i started last spring ) keep up the good work.

simon

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this one Matt looking very good looks like your getting the better of it well done and looking forward to more updates

M

mattm

Hi guys.

Well, I've finally finished the bike. I am very pleased with how it's turned out.

Heres the last few pics for you guys.

View attachment 37313View attachment 37314View attachment 37315View attachment 37316View attachment 37317

A few pics of the bike and one of it, in its home next to my Kawasaki Ninja.

My next build is going to be either the Simil'r Ford Focus or Tamiya Enzo Ferrari, which will probably be started in the new year now.

Cheers Matt

View attachment 41504

View attachment 41505

View attachment 41506

View attachment 41507

View attachment 41508

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

T

treyzx10r

Very nicely done Sir! What a great looking Moto GP machine and you did it justice ,5 stars ! Any chance of a few more pics?

R

Richy C

Great work Matt , the decals look like they may have been hard work , smashing finnish mate , you`ve made me want to finnish my Ninja ZX-RR now lol .

rICHY