My latest Tub

S

subzero

Hi folks here hopefully are some dodgy pics of my latest project.

Yep another Typhoon the TK-208 Dimitri Donskoi.....

Not an Engel kit, its made from 5 part fibreglass mouldings which you have to make up into 1 hull etc all the deck tiles are done by hand....I think at the last count 3,498 or there abouts, its got a scratch built dive module , 2 scratch motor modules and a scratch front hydroplane opening and closing mechanism, oh and a hydraulic system for opening the forward missile silos and raising , lowering of the scopes.

A Sonar and dive claxon sound module, and lights, rudder motor mixer etc etc.

Hope the pics are ok my camera and me arn't too good i am afraid be gentle with me.

View attachment 16426

View attachment 16427

View attachment 16428

View attachment 16429

View attachment 16430

View attachment 16431

View attachment 16432

hgate08typ2 (Small).JPG

hgate08typ3 (Small).JPG

hgate08typ5 (Small).JPG

hgate08typ6 (Small).JPG

hgate08typ7 (Small).JPG

hgate 08typ1 (Small).JPG

sideon (Small).JPG

M

maninblack

nice

nyce kit sub

the rear end is luvvvvly!!!

mick:music_too

M

Mankster

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, thats a really suberb effort; tiling and all :bravo:

Davie, Its a KMB/Norbert Bruggen hull.

S

subzero

Thanks Guys,

As Mankster says its the old 1:100 scale Typhoon that Norbert Bruggen used to do , he sold the moulds off to KMB modelbau in Germany,( I think )

I got mine about 6 yrs ago from Norbert.

Been waiting to get some accurate info before building it

( Thanks Mankster )

You don't get a full hull just 4 bits of fibreglass mouldings front, rear and two middle bits and the tower plus some vanes.

No instructions or plans.

The rest as they say is up to you.

The bits you get are stand off scale so require a hell of a lot of work to get it to look right ( if you want to that is ), and if you want the hull details etc then its all up to you, the mouldings don't have much detail on them but are good and solid so stand up to some serious work though.

Access is through the lift off centre missile deck which is more than adequate for my use.

I cut all the ends off the mouldings I got and fibreglassed them all together to form one free flood through hull and constructed my own dive module which sits in the free flood area, keeps the weight down for lifting etc.

Thanks for the interest.

:regards: Sub.

S

Screw Loose

Looks stunning Sub !:clap3:

The funny thing is when people say Nuclear subs are boring and have no detail, they might want to open there eyes and look at the detail on yours ! All the vents and so on, on the deck, its a work of art !

And I never realised it had stabalisers under it! Bloody abvious when you think about it really :emo6:

I think if I tried to make a stand like that one, I would end up with my other hand in plaster too! Much better than the Engel one !

Paul

D

DavieTait

Those aren't stabalisers near the stern Paul thats the sea water cooling intakes for the

condensers in the steam side of the propulsion system

S

Screw Loose

The protrusions under the hull just above the keel ?

There you go learn something new every day.

Paul