My layout in the making

T

tigertc

WOw...you got huge loft,, and that set up is looking awesome. Cant wait to see the finished set. Well done mate.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Well i have pinned down the two mainlines in the fiddle yard and the two tracks on the leftside of the fiddle yard and leaving a 1mm gap between each rail of the flexi track for track expansion,i need to glue the other cork down before i can pin the other tracks down on the right side of the fiddle yard.

Plus i have connected the inner loop so i can run a loco round as i got bored just sitting there and was nice to see a loco running again,i was hoping to cut the other baseboard so i could fit it but it started snowing so that never happened so i will have to wait till it is dry enough to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Not done much work on the layout over the weekend as the weather has been to bad to cut the baseboard outside,but have been the loft to run afew trains on the layout instead.

Heres a pic on the fiddle yard from the in tracks.

fiddle-yard0.jpg

Heres a pic of the tracks on the other side of the layout and the mess that needs cleaning up still.

Otherside.jpg

And heres a pic on my new EWS wagons being pulled by a Virgin Class 47 loco.

Newwagons.jpg

Also a pic of the 3 trains i got in the fiddle yard.

3trains.jpg

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
I finally got the last baseboard cut into two sections and i have fitted one of the small sections with the last part of the incline fixed to it but needs connecting to the rest of the incline to complete it,the light switch has been move to under the layout so i can turn the lights on/off better and now the return incline can be put in place when i get round to doing it now the light switch ain't there.

Tomorrow i will be fitting the other small baseboard on the far side of the layout and i will finish of the fiddle yard aswell and i hope to start working on the upper level for the station,as i can't fit the peco point motors to the hornby points as i need to find i tube with the right outside Dia as the lugs on the points are smaller than the holes on the push rods on the point motor brackets.

Plus at the end of april i will be spending around £300 on goodies for my layout,photos will follow sometime in april as my brother has taken his digi cam back and i am going away for bank holiday on the 13th and i'll be back on the 17th so it could be then or before the 13th but depends when i can get the camera back.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
I will be spending only £200 now on the layout on the 13th May as with money i've already had i spent on other things,also no work has been done on the layout for about three weeks now,but i thought i better get into the loft to clean the track that is down and get the trains running again seeing as they haven't been used for abit.

And work on the layout will restart at the weekend as i haven't been feeling upto going into the loft to work on the layout but i am feeling alot better now i have had a rest from it.

N

Nigel.D

Steven it looks the nads mate how about inviting some of us over to see it running when its finished ??? we could make a day of it !

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
It will proberly be a few yrs before it's all finished and theres not really much room in the loft seeing as the layout is only 6ft wide and not much space for two people up there to move about in,but i will have plenty of vids to show everyone the trains running around the layout now i got a camcorder to film my layout better.

N

Nigel.D

Cool mate but how about a compo to visit and play that someone can win ????? now that would be fun!

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Right the loft has been hotter than any other day so i though i would check the flexi track that is down and that is fine and still has the gaps in the track and hasn't lifted up,but when i went to run the class 47 i found that the hornby setrack has lifted with the loft being really hot so it looks if i will be getting that Air Cooler alot earlier than planned.

The track that lifted is ok as it lifted only about 20mm to 25mm so not to much damage done and i unpinned the rest so the track could lay flat again.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Seeing as i can now upload videos to my photobucket account and keep them there and now that i have 1GB of storage space i thought i would upload some vids of my old layout for everyone to see,the first two are of the Flying Scotsman one is a short vid and the second is abit longer and i also have one of my Virgin 125 train running round just on the lower level.

Also i think i might open another account just for vids as i have two just for photos having one for my vids might be better.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
I have decided to split my layout into two areas which are a country side scene and town scene so a new track plan has been done but the fiddle yard will remain where it is,the town side will have the bigger station and country side will have the smaller station the diesel depot and steam sheds have been moved to the upper level as there is more room.

I have added a long viaduct and two bridges to carry the upper tracks over the lower tracks and the incline has been moved over 4 or 5 inches,and connects to the upper level further round the layout has to where it joined it before.

Have a look at the track plan and tell me what you all think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/dynamite26/LOFTLAYOUT1.png

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Right my layout will be put on hold for afew weeks till we have fitted a Velux skylight window in to get rid of some of the heat when it's sunny outside,i hope it won't be to long maybe two or three weeks tops as we will have to save the money up to buy one and we will be fitting it our selfs as it looks easy to fit.

T

tigertc

TAlking of summer heat....i have just been reminded(by this thread) to remove my gas cans(silver solderin) and paint(spray) from my loft.

37c up there today.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
I have decide to work on the layout while we save up for the velux window but i can only finish off the fiddle yard and sort the incline out and also get some of the wood work done for the upper level over the fiddle yard,as no work can be done on the side where the window will go as those two section will be removed so we can get the window into the loft when we get one and it will make it easier to fit it with them not in the way.

And once the window is fitted i can do the wood work for that side as the other side will be done and then the rest of the trackwork can be put down and trains can be ran on both level than just the lower one.

S

shadowmaker

hey dinamite25 i think you may have caught an orb (a pre ghost manifestation) on ya pic on the right hand 1!!! or it could be a dust partical!!!

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Which pic you talking about shadowmaker as you losted me.

S

shadowmaker

it is on the first page of the thread you have got 3 blue coaches, engine and behind them there are some merry go round wagons it is to the left of the brake down train and on the last wagon!!!

Last edited:
S

shadowmaker

train0737_65783.gif
i am wanting to do a part of the peak period and wanting to do a scaled down version of toton sidings!!!

S

shadowmaker

have ya looked on ebay for railway stuff?? i have got my eye on 6 bits!!!