My next dio, El Alamein

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Going to be outstanding Alan, another large dio...you sure your wife isn't going to lay hell? ;) The tracks look really good. Can't wait for more.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Si , this is only 40cm by 22cm so it's nowhere near as large as the other one , its only 1/76 scale here's a pic of what I'm thinking , I don't know if adding troops will make it look too crowdedView attachment 68367

I've put a beer can in the background to show the scale. :smiling3:

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I see what you mean I would be tempted to do one tank knocked out and the other with a few troops edging closer.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good start Alan and a nicely painted Matilda.....

You've certainly got the dio. bug......just take your time, don't rush, and it'll come together.

P

Polux

Very nice start Alan!

Seems you are enjoying so much with these dios mate! They are a perfect place to try new things, just have fun!

Ahhh..I forget!! Nice Matilda! ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers , Si I did give it some serious thought about having one of them knocked out but I had no idea how to build one so I just thought about both facing of against each other

I'm at a real impasse now ! I'm a bit stuck on what else to do the only thing I can think of is troops ! There is sertainly no room for a building or other vehicles !

The only troops I could find are 1/72 scale and they look a little too big ,here's a representation , I need help folks View attachment 68370

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Troops look too big, not right at all...hmmmm. The knocked out tank is easy to do if you don't mind a little destruction. just add a hole or two, loose a track, possible and twist a wheel or two, also tilt the gun down or up. Personally, that is what I would do.

Tricky one though, have you got any other same scale vehicles? If you have add one of those in a damaged state so line of sight from both tanks is hampered hence why they haven't fired at each other. Also, create a sand crate or two around one of the tanks to denote near misses. Add some twisted plastic from sprues, paint and litter the field with those.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looks great Alan, whats the desert/sand made of, it looks really fine, just right for this scale, and how did you achieve the curved track imprints, I've managed straight ones in the past but could never figure out how to do curved ones.

The Matilda and Panzer look great, really well done.

Tony.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Si thanks for the ideas ill look into kublewagon or hanomag to give that effect.

Tony all I did for the base was used some poly filler waited about an hour for it to go off then smoothed it with my fingers to give it a rounded apearence , I painted it in ocker and just dry brushed it with sand paint , the holders are bits of polystyrene and the rocks are what I found in the garden and repaired.

The curved track marks were done at the same time as the smoothing , I just got the panzer and pressed it in the at the end I turned the tank just a little and pressed again until I had made it look like it had turned into that possition , when you do it though dont press down ver hard because it will ruin the curve , hope this helps.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You could also add some poles and barbed wire in places, twisted and bent over.