My next project - 1/48 scale

B

bikerbart

Coming on nicely mate, great work so far, regards Martin :smiling:

B

backonthecase

Cheers Martin. Final job for this evening was some more filler on the forward wing joint and to get some Alclad Aluminium on the gear door insides: -

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Primer coat number one! A few bits needing attention: -

The good news is the forward wing join looks nice an smooth.

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Hi there chaps. It's been a while but I've got this painted and Kleared ready for decals: -

Comments welcome.

Stuart

T

treyzx10r

Stuart looks great especially the nice crisp job on the yellow nicely done!

B

backonthecase

Thanks Trey,

The yellow was a pig to mask, due to the contours, especially the nose. But I'm reasonably happy with how it came out.

I will update more regularly I hope.

Stuart

B

backonthecase

More decals... the nose ones weren't as much trouble as I anticipated, nor was the fuselage cross with the intake underneath. Still lots to go, mainly stencils.

I don't know if the silvering will be visible beneath the subsequent Klear coat and weathering, my fingers are crossed.

As always, comments welcome.

Stuart

First Name
Dave
Excellent paint job.I know what you mean about the Kleer.I put two coats on a Typhoon before decalling and still got some silvering.I very rarely have this problem when i use gloss varnish.Everyone seems to swear by this Klear stuff on this forum but i cant see what all the fuss is about.Maybe the old product was better than the new Pledge stuff i tried.anyway,each to their own.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Stuart. It's a very graceful shape, simple but looks right. Nice work, well done.

Regards

Colin M.........

B

backonthecase

Thanks for the tips and kind comments guys.

Colin thank you! I've always been captivated by the simple gaping intake and graceful steeply swept surfaces of this machine.. gorgeous in every form!

Dave Klear has always worked for me with most kits, I'm just not sure about the Revell decals, but these are the first I have been disappointed by.

Andy does the Klear under the decal not stop it being taken into the panel lines and recesses?

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Latest photos.

Wash is finished, decals done, need to attach tailplane, canopy and gear after matt varnish

Comments welcome.

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Ok ok we're getting somewhere here. First of the last bits on. Gear is fixed, masking off, decals and matt coat complete. Tail lights, landing lights, pitot and fuel dump are all that remain I think...

Comments welcome.

Stuart

A

andygh

I put two coats on a Typhoon before decalling and still got some silvering.I very rarely have this problem when i use gloss varnish.Everyone seems to swear by this Klear stuff on this forum but i cant see what all the fuss is about.Maybe the old product was better than the new Pledge stuff i tried.anyway,each to their own.
Try applying the decals onto wet Klear, no silvering I promise

First Name
Dave
That looks superb Andy.The open airbrakes are a nice touch.I will try putting decals on wet Klear as you suggest.The Black widow im building has lots of stencils on the decal sheet some im going to need sUse something under them.Thanks.

B

backonthecase

Thanks Dave, but I'm Stuart lol

I will be putting more layers of Klear over the finish of my next model. I think it would have helped, as the smoother glossier areas of this model gave me less silvering than the others, I think I should have reacted to that early on and recoated before continuing...

Hey ho I live and learn. I will hopefully get the finishing touches and a little bit of weathering (not going mad as I don't think these saw combat service) on this tonight and try to get some better photos. Thanks for your comments guys

Stuart

First Name
Dave
Sorry Stuart imeant your model is brilliant and thanks to Andy for the tip about Klear.