tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
I'm looking forward to seein this come along..got a hankering to get me a 1/350 battleship

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steve, top marks on a very nice model. I'm a sucker for a good sea and this, coupled with the explosions is excellent.

I prefer IJN ships over any other.....The superstructure on these vessels always fascinates me, they seem to go up and up forever!

Great job!

Ron

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A cracking dio Steve.

5 stars from me too.

Tony.

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
the kit was bought for me by my so from hong kong and it went together a treat there are loads of spares and especially 3 float planes which i may use in a future project, i know what you mean Ron the ijn ships have super structures that reach for the sky the silhouette must be amazing, i have a 1/350 yamato that i am looking to build in the future and it is big !!!. i am pleased with the way the water turned out i used woodland water effects,Vallejo Pacific water effect and foam and snow from Vallejo, the explosions were made from silicone. there is a good video on facebook i you search under "water effects" and you find a Scandinavian guy using these products to good effect i think it is Greek war ships battle/scene

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
My mouth waters every time I see the 1/350 Yamato....Then the price calms me down!

I posted JFK's PT109 on here recently. I just used clear silicone for the sea on that. If you care to, have a blimp and let me know what you think. Whilst you are there take a look at Papa695's superb King George 5....I'd be interested in any comments or suggestions you might have.

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CDW

Thats a nice looking dio Steve, loving the explosion plumes etc .. very authentic.

I might have to try out this water-silicon idea as you and Ron seem to have it sussed.

p.s. just had a look at the Yamato models .... there was a 1/450 for about 40 quid which i didn't think too bad ... then i saw the Tamiya 1/350 ..... £280 odd quid !!!!!

I'll tone my initial comment down for the forum ......... "blinking heck" thats a "truck" load of cash for a "flipping" plastic ship, is it "blooming" gold plated or what ?!?!

Does look good though eh? :smiling3:

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
thanks for the feed back , Ron's pt boat looks like it is thrusting through the water 5out of 5 for it and papas king George is very fluid if you excuse the pun, this is my first ship set into a base and i am pleased with it .1 thing i did learn is the expense of creating water effects with liquid waters, my base is approx 30inches long by 10 wide and it would have taken approx £60 to fill the base ,so i filled it with poly sheets to near the top then applied a bottle of water effects . i think you can get a good result with the silicone if you take your time and the apply your colours on top .

Colin thanks for the complements iv had my 1/350 yamato for at least 3 years in my stash i dont think it was expensive but you are right fortunes can be paid for these ships along with the photo etch to finish it off, i love ships but the problem with them is they take a while to build and finding space for them is a problem when you scale them up ,tanks have the advantage there i also have a king George 1/400 heller, HMS Belfast and a u 99 to build along with my British tanks so plenty to keep me out of trouble