My woodworking project - finally finished!

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
That looks incredible Peter. I've always liked working with wood and in another life I think I would have liked to be a cabinet maker. Your work there looks like a fine example of the craft and even if you yourself can find fault in it, we looking on are suitably impressed.

Top work.
Now, is there any chance you could make me a glass-topped coffee table to house my 1/32 Lancaster? ;)
All the best
Paul
Paul - like you I think I could also have been a cabinet maker in another life, very satisfying making things.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
I haven't played bar billiards for several decades. Shove ha'penny much more recently though.
What did you use for the bed Peter? Surely not slate?
Pete
I admit to cheating regarding the bed. A local tile company quoted £900 for a slate bed. The slate itself was nog too bad, it was the cost of drilling out the 9 holes which made it so expensive. i used kitchen worktop - B&Q make some for breakfast bars which are exactly the right width. It is not a perfect replacement for slate but should be good enough. Time will tell if it warps but it should be stable enough for home use.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Guys - thanks for all the kind words, glad to have brought back some memories of good times many of you had.

perhaps its being an Island, but our pubs still have a few leagues: bar billiards, pool, and euchre are the main ones.

now a completely different scale - back to 1/285, you cannot get a much bigger change of scale!!

Peter

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb work peter , it looks beautiful . Anyone under the age of forty would have no idea what it was , those old gits like us remember them in the pubs ,or on ‘ Indoor League’ with Fred Trueman — Al Si Thee! Cheers tony

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice indeed Peter! I once lived in an Oxfordshire village called Charlbury; in a couple of the village pubs were pool and bar billiards tables, bar skittles shove-ha'penny and an Aunt Sally pitch - there were even local leagues! Somewhere else I lived (can't remember name or location) had a peculiar version of bar skittles n which the 'ball' travelled on positionable wires that ran over the heads of the customers
Steve