Narrowboats

A

ajg141

I thought you might like to see some pictures of 'William' & 'Enid' otherwise known as 'The Ovaltineys'. These exquisite models are less than 27" in length and everything is hand made and hand painted. Even the buckets and mops! They were built by Dave Holloway of Birmingham and in my opinion are a superb example of the art of modelmaking.

Andrew

View attachment 7625

View attachment 7624

View attachment 7623

/monthly_2005_05/57272b6e8267b_narrowboats008.jpg.11e6b3d0f1329294cdac53ad29e10846.jpg

/monthly_2005_05/57272b6e81198_narrowboats006.jpg.21a5ebf035da6c39d57486d47b0c5911.jpg

/monthly_2005_05/57272b6e7fa83_narrowboats005.jpg.ecfff896df08e321541532bb2cffdbe4.jpg

View attachment 12918

View attachment 12919

View attachment 12920

narrowboats 005.jpg

narrowboats 006.jpg

narrowboats 008.jpg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Andrew these are exquisite models and the attention to detail is amazing,as you quite rightly say a fine example of the model makers art,narrow boat models seem to be gaining popularity both working & static.

Thank you for bringing these to our attention.

A

adzam

yoyr right in what you say barry, narrow boats seem to becoming more commercial modelwise these days, and i know andrew has a soft spot for them. lovely models tho`. thanx for sharing them :clap_1:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Had a few good holidays on the real thing, nothing like taking it easy :smiling3:

Very nice models and a credit to the builder :terrific:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Had a few good holidays on the real thing, nothing like taking it easy :smiling3: Very nice models and a credit to the builder :terrific:
*** John I love watching that 'Waterworld' programme on the TV,what about tha couple that went over the English channel to France in one ! these modern narrow boats are certainly high tech.

We are surrounded by canals here in Warwickshire and just love watching people coping with the locks,and enjoying themselves on the canal system.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
*** John I love watching that 'Waterworld' programme on the TV,what about tha couple that went over the English channel to France in one ! these modern narrow boats are certainly high tech.We are surrounded by canals here in Warwickshire and just love watching people coping with the locks,and enjoying themselves on the canal system.
Don't talk to me about locks, we did part of the Cheshire ring last year (I did it all a few years back) and in 4 days we did 96 locks :smile3:

A

ajg141

But weren't they great holidays? We've done several of the French canals, Ireland's Grand Canal and the Caledonian Canal. And the experiences you come back with - such as watching the boat sail off on its own as the crew watch from the bank having forgotten to take a mooring rope ashore; the lady on the adjacent boat stretched parallel to the water as she tries to hang onto the lock ladder from her boat; the young lad and his girlfriend entering the lock so fast that they hit the opposite gate and spin through 360 degrees; my wife sitting on a chair used by the Pope in Clonmacnois and within a minute thunder and lightning surrounding us; the waves breaking over the decks as we come back down the Shannon - and a cardboard boat race in the harbour at Clamecy where the winner was the boat last afloat! Happy

days - and yes I lost a 1/2 stone working those locks too!

Andrew