need pictures for reference

S

Stuck_Steve

Hi all,

Hope you can help.

Ive been looking at my model of the Ford MUTT I made a little while back and have decided it needs weathering a bit. Does anyone have or know where I can get a few pictures of the real thing so I can work off it for the weathering. Ive searched the net and all I ever find is pictures of restored MUTT's - hence they have no wear and tear for me to look at.

Your help would be appreciated.

Steve

S

Stuck_Steve

sorry i just realised i posted this in wrong place. very sorry

steve

S

Stuck_Steve

GunMutt-003.jpg

This is a MUTT, one of the ways you may see it.

ONce again my appologies for posting it in the wrong place.

Steve

Last edited:
D

duncan

Thanks Steve, never seen or heard of it. Yank ? (LHD I see.) What period ? Does anybody do the Austin "Champ" ?

S

Stuck_Steve

Yes its a Yank from WW2 i beleive. Sorry Im not really a historian too like some modellers, I just enjoy building them lol

Steve

S

Stuck_Steve

Cheers Rich,

Dunno what I was thinking when I posted it wrong, think I must have had my eyes on the snooker on TV!

Steve

S

Stuck_Steve

hi duncan,

Thanks mate but the link doesnt seem to want to work for me?

Steve

S

Stuck_Steve

just so you know this is my version of the MUTT. I have another to start too that comes with a trailor.

model036.jpg

and it is to go on this

model023.jpg

T

tigertc

i'm real confused...i thought it was a jeep! with a wire cutter at the front!

I,m sure Wonwing will dive into this sooner or later coz he knows his stuff.

OI! YODA..... (Wonwing) the man needs some help!

D

duncan

Sorry Tiggie, I just did a Google for "m151 military vehicle" and that was one of the dozens that came up, pity we couldnt get it again as it had loads of links. Try www.berlin-brigade.de/vehicles/show.php but it is only black and white pics but interesting other vehicles as well as Mutts. US based www.carnut.com has coloured restored pics, look under "military vehicles" in the index. There a few in UK owned by restoration/military enthusiasts.

Last edited: