New Dio w.i.p

T

tommy1drop

Hi All

Thought i would post a few pics of my new dio that i am currently working on...between getting the rays in my garden:hot:

The base board is a left over piece of marine ply from paneling my van, I have covered this with poly filla to act as a base for the ground work.

I have already constructed the Bastions 35 Russian hut, (really pleased with the way these look) and i have also started working on the out house, and water trough along with several other items (i.e) farm animals and a few figures and the Sdkfz 10 and nebelwerfer. I have a long way to go with this dio as i only started it on Monday, but i am looking forward to building it.

I will keep an update as the build progress`s and will try to top up the tan along the way, sorry for the way the pics turned out!

View attachment 48270View attachment 48271View attachment 48272

View attachment 48273View attachment 48274View attachment 48275

Tom

View attachment 51136

View attachment 51137

View attachment 51138

View attachment 51139

View attachment 51140

View attachment 51141

next dio 025.jpg

next dio 026.jpg

next dio 027.jpg

next dio 030.jpg

next dio 031.jpg

next dio 029.jpg

Last edited:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
should be a good dio well thought out

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Love that hut. Is it a kit or scratch build?

Ian M

T

tommy1drop

Thanks guys, Ian it`s the Bastion 35 models Russian hut, theyre not bad kits, the instructions are a little basic though, other than that, not bad kits at all.

Tom

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cool just had a look at their web site. Some very interesting things there, I rather like the full hut they have.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice beginning Tommy. Looks like a good'un on the way.

Tony.

P

Polux

A very interesting diorama on the way Tom!!

Is the water fountain of verlinden?? It's the same on my winter dio, that's nice!!!!

It will be a very nice farm and with many complements, one sees!!! I wish to see it finished!!

You will do a big tree on the back corner with a little "swing"!!?? I imagine the grandfather looking the german soldiers and the little girl playing on it... (sorry,I see so many films!!)

Cheers

Polux

T

tommy1drop

Hi Polux

Thanks for that mate, I don`t know about the swing..lol, :emo6:

but you are right about the tree in the corner(have you seen my drawings!):wink:

Tom

T

tommy1drop

Hi Guys

Just a small update on the Dio, I have carried out a little more work on the base for the Dio by adding clumps of grass and a few flowers dotted here and there, I have also positioned the out house and the water trough.

It is a work in process and is taking a little bit of time as i have 2 more builds under way at the moment, I am hoping to have more groundwork done by the weekend such as static grass and stones etc. I am working on a scratch built fence for the pig coral and the coral for the donkey, for this i am using twigs from a bush from my front garden, slow work, but hopefully will turn out nice, well that`s it for now, hope you like it so far.

View attachment 49050View attachment 49051View attachment 49052

Tom

View attachment 51859

View attachment 51860

View attachment 51861

View attachment 51862

kits 7 006.jpg

kits 7 007.jpg

kits 7 009.jpg

kits 7 010.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Tom will watch this, Thinking of a large diorama myself ( starting next year after i collect all the parts/kits i need )

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Tom, what a lovely idylic, pastoral scene you are doing......What a pity some lump of machinery is coming along to perhaps churn it up!

Looking good,

Ron

P

Polux

Slow, but it starts having form, really nice.

Keep up with the good work

Cheers. Polux

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
its coming on keep on keeping on

C

CDW

Now you've got the basis of the dio there, and the rest is already swilling around in your head i'm sure it'll just about fall together as time goes on.

I like the layout, simple but detailed ... looking forward to the next update Tom :smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Hi Guys thought I would post an update on where I have got up to, I have managed a little more on the base work and have added one or two more bits and bobs, but I am still a long way off from finishing it.

I have to start on the figures soon and do some more work on the hut, as well as a little more work on the base and some more animals etc, Its starting to take shape and you can see from the pics what it`s going to look like!

View attachment 54039

View attachment 54040

View attachment 54041

New kits 005.jpg

New kits 006.jpg

New kits 008.jpg

P

Polux

I like what I see!!! Looking very good mate!!

Go slow...but don't forget to publish new pics!!!

Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats showing real promise Tom, a fine bit of work.

Tony.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Tom....

This has all the makings of another great build from the Tom Stable....

Just one thing.....Has the old biddy eaten that big fat 'Porker'?

Cheers,

Ron