New greenhouse for the better half

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Hi took a short break from the model bench to do a bit of fishing and gardening, just got a 10x6 glass greenhouse for the wife but it's a build yourself jobbie :smiling3:
IMG20230526065237.jpgIMG20230526083116.jpgIMG20230526092748.jpg

Progress so far

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nicely done!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice, nothing like eating your own grown veg or cultivating some lovely garden plants.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great stuff. Made a similar 8x6 for my wife about three years ago…..most frustrating part was adding the glazing rubbers, until I got the trick. Moisten the flange area where the rubber goes with water and it slides in a treat…..
I would recommend adding extra glazing clips on the windward side, I had two blow out in a storm. Never broke them luckily, but no issues since I added the extra clips.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I'm after a greenhouse. But i'm going to save up for a Rhino one. They are built like brick outhouses. I need one for the winds we get up here.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
No greenhouses for me or Mrs W!

There was a green house in what I called the swamp when we bought the current cave. However, when the glass shower door disintegrated with Mrs W in the shower and she was badly injured by the glass but particularly the door top rail which acted like a tomahawk, slicing into her on its descent to the floor!! All glass was removed from the house barring windows!! The greenhouse was first, then two glass doors and then I noticed a couple of ceiling lights had glass - they went too!!

(Anyway - the pair of us a crepe in the garden, tried growing 'stuff' and failed!!!)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm after a greenhouse. But i'm going to save up for a Rhino one. They are built like brick outhouses. I need one for the winds we get up here.
Well worth the money Alan
Had our for at least 15 years , doesn't look a day older .Love the sealing method, with none of the clips and full sheets of safety glass .

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well worth the money Alan
Had our for at least 15 years , doesn't look a day older .Love the sealing method, with none of the clips and full sheets of safety glass .

The pictures of their workers sitting on top of it and and a load of reviews on YT sold them to me. I don't have the space or money for a polycrub so this is the next best thing.

Reactions: JR

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The pictures of their workers sitting on top of it and and a load of reviews on YT sold them to me. I don't have the space or money for a polycrub so this is the next best thing.
I've got a Rhino as well. Their method for securing the glass brilliant. It must add a lot to the strength of the greenhouse.

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've got a Rhino as well. Their method for securing the glass brilliant. It must add a lot to the strength of the greenhouse.
Far better system Colin, sure it does , and so simple to fit. As i said had mine for ages and can't detect any long term effects on the seals. Even removed a vent at the end and put it into the side, and the seals were still perfect.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
No greenhouses for me or Mrs W!

There was a green house in what I called the swamp when we bought the current cave. However, when the glass shower door disintegrated with Mrs W in the shower and she was badly injured by the glass but particularly the door top rail which acted like a tomahawk, slicing into her on its descent to the floor!! All glass was removed from the house barring windows!! The greenhouse was first, then two glass doors and then I noticed a couple of ceiling lights had glass - they went too!!

(Anyway - the pair of us a crepe in the garden, tried growing 'stuff' and failed!!!)
HAS your missus recoved ok Doug ? as we hope so must have been terrible
chris an jen