New greenhouse for the better half

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
HAS your missus recoved ok Doug ? as we hope so must have been terrible
chris an jen
Thanks for asking Chris, it was just over two years ago now but still suffers with her foot which the rail embedded itself in, swelling and redness, and her muscle just above her knee which was very deep but fortunately didn't bleed. I think I get more mental flashbacks than she does. It was awful, After a vast number of years dealing with trauma cases I would put hers in the top 5!!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks for asking Chris, it was just over two years ago now but still suffers with her foot which the rail embedded itself in, swelling and redness, and her muscle just above her knee which was very deep but fortunately didn't bleed. I think I get more mental flashbacks than she does. It was awful, After a vast number of years dealing with trauma cases I would put hers in the top 5!!!
Wow Doug , that was a shock to the pair of you . What a nasty accident , gaves me the shivers when I read your post .

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Wow Doug , that was a shock to the pair of you . What a nasty accident , gaves me the shivers when I read your post .
It was a nasty one John, I thought she was a gonna!! I couldn't stop the bleeding, the ambulance chaps took quite a time staunching it too. The problem was the injury to her foot wasn't a clean wound it was very jagged and deep. She had a vein spurting blood all over the place. It looks like carnage. When the paramedics arrived, one helped me, the other took pictures!! (I guess in case they thought I had something to do with it!!). Still gives me the shudders thinking about it.
Moral for anyone, if your shower glass hasn't got the UK Kite marking on it get advice from a professional. We had recently moved in and the last thing on our minds was sub standard glass fitted in the shower. We will in future that's for sure.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It was a nasty one John, I thought she was a gonna!! I couldn't stop the bleeding, the ambulance chaps took quite a time staunching it too. The problem was the injury to her foot wasn't a clean wound it was very jagged and deep. She had a vein spurting blood all over the place. It looks like carnage. When the paramedics arrived, one helped me, the other took pictures!! (I guess in case they thought I had something to do with it!!). Still gives me the shudders thinking about it.
Moral for anyone, if your shower glass hasn't got the UK Kite marking on it get advice from a professional. We had recently moved in and the last thing on our minds was sub standard glass fitted in the shower. We will in future that's for sure.
Indeed Doug , strange how it was even offered for sale with not having safety glass in it . The results from not having it are horrendous, your poor wife is very lucky to have survived, no wonder you have flash backs is it.