New WIP

T

tommy1drop

Hi all decided to start another dio:rolleyes: this one is going to be based on the North African campaign, I `ve got a few ideas for this one, but have to decide on what will look best;)

Anyway it will involve the Tamiya Quad and the Bronco 25 pounder, I have started the Quad and it has gone together with such ease, cant say the same for the 25 pounder, lots of tiny bits, my fingers (and carpet) are going to love this one:eek:

Will keep it updated with pics as the build gets going;)

Well that`s it for now, hope you like it

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good......

Er, what about the lovely garden, plenty of sun.....not to mention the beautiful wife?!

I tell you Tom, you can't get away with 'owt on here!

T

tommy1drop

Hi Leo thanks for that ;)

Hi Ron what can I tell you, the sun has gone in buddy:rolleyes: and I got bored, there`s only so much time you can spend in the sun, and I`ve had my fill with it.....for today:cool:

So, a little time for modelling...me thinks :D

P

Polux

Yeah! Tommy strikes again!

Sounds really interesting, I will be there ;)

D

dubster72

This will be a good one Tommy! I've always thought that Quad could make a good Mad Max 3 vehicle ;)

T

tommy1drop

Hi Patrick thanks mate, still not sure how this one will end up yet;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Tommy, will be watching this one and sounds like a interesting dio,as well :rolleyes:

oh yes these tinny bits and the carpet, you can look high and low and never find it,:confused:

D

Deleted member 3568

Looks good so far will be watching this nice start.

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Monica nice to have you along, and you are not wrong about the tiny bits in the carpet :eek: I have now worked it out now though, small bit of sellotape and down on the hands and knees....usually works ;)

N

noble

Hi tommy like what you have done so far, I have this in my stash so will be watching with interest.

scott

T

tommy1drop

Hi Ian and Scott nice to have you along, bit of painting today.....me thinks;)

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
who's been a busy boy Tom I have the same kits and will be watching .

steve

T

tommy1drop

Just a small update on the Quad build, I have painted and weathered the underside of the Quad, and put the wheels and seats on, I also have a little work to do on the Quad body, I have decided to scratch build the spare wheel rack that sits on the top of the Quad body at the rear, I have seen some pics of these and thought it might look different on this build:rolleyes: along with some scratch built fuel racks to the rear underside of the Quad(again saw a pic of one done, might be a field conversion done by the troops)

Well this is where its at, hope you like it, start the base soon:eek: