Nissan skyline type m

D

dougie

I'll give this a gb because I think yellow is one of the harder colours to make look real from pictures I have seen. You don't seem to have gone overboard with panel lines and the painting looks good.

I might only suggest that you paint over the window trim with Tamiya rubber black as it looks a bit too black and glossy for me against the yellow, but that's subjective and I think I did my last ( and first!) Build the same way as you so I'm a hypocrite ( but I'm learning by watching other builds!)

Also I cannot wait to get home to do some more of my cars but... I've heard I'm going to be busy at work for a few months ( which I need as it's been too quiet for too long) but your builds are keeping me interested.

T

Trooper tk421

\ said:
I'll give this a gb because I think yellow is one of the harder colours to make look real from pictures I have seen. You don't seem to have gone overboard with panel lines and the painting looks good.
I might only suggest that you paint over the window trim with Tamiya rubber black as it looks a bit too black and glossy for me against the yellow, but that's subjective and I think I did my last ( and first!) Build the same way as you so I'm a hypocrite ( but I'm learning by watching other builds!)

Also I cannot wait to get home to do some more of my cars but... I've heard I'm going to be busy at work for a few months ( which I need as it's been too quiet for too long) but your builds are keeping me interested.
Thanks man I think the rubbers go e like that as I clearcoated over the black

P

Polux

Nice one!

I like it more with the visible panel lines. And I'm agree as well, the yellow colour is very difficult, but this one looks spot on ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
A nice clean build Ray. As the others have said yellow is a really challenging colour, and you've got a nice paint job there.

D

dougie

\ said:
Thanks man I think the rubbers go e like that as I clearcoated over the black
Aye that would do it. I always feel bad offering any criticism especially when I'm not exactly that good myself lol

P

Plastickitbasher

The yellow body colour looks very good and a paint job well done.

The inside work looks very good and done well.

For me the panels lines are a bit too black maybe a bit of pre shading may have given a better more subtle look.

Just a thought.