First Name
Alan
Lovely job there mate figures are brilliant and the vehicles superb

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, fantastic stuff Aaron. That drawing pin idea is clever. The weathering/dust is well done, the flag is faded and overall I think you gave captured the desert scene nicely.

If you are like me you're a bit sick of watching a certain Australian and a certain US yacht.

P

Polux

Wow!! Excellent piece of work Aaron!!

Let's see..... Perfect desert colour + lovely figures + superb weathering and dusty effect on the vehicles + very good layout + nicely details (like flag, the stone...), this the same as = Great build!!!

Bealive me, I like it very much!!

Polux

First Name
Andy
Hi Aaron,

I think you have done a brilliant job, love the scene, the weathering is spot on, I also like your pin idea with the tracks...

Top marks Sir, big *****...

Andy...

First Name
Aaron
Thank you all very much, Joe i dont follow the cup...i stopped watching years ago when every team use to protest when they lost. Cheers again guys for looking and the nice comments.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First desert scene... You 'aving a larff!

That is very good! Nice one!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Chuffing awesome...top drawer build Aaron, the detailing is superb and the track sag works a treat. I like very much.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Thanks guys, its good to step out of your comfort zone every now and then. I have so many unexplored themes in this great hobby of ours. One day id like to do something on the water and an aircraft diorama of sorts. The thank you button is gone or id thank you all for your comments.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Missed this somehow. Very nice and suitably hot and dusty, I need a beer just looking at it!

I don't do armour but I love that pin trick for the tracks, fiendishly clever!

Cheers

Steve

C

CDW

I missed this somehow as well.... Awesome job for your first go.

Well impressed mate

The base is great in its sparseness due to all the little details like tufts and tracks ... Just goes to show you don't have to jam-pack bases full to get a good result

First Name
Aaron
Cheers heaps Colin, i saw a pic online with an aircraft painted desert yellow with green mottle and it was perfect camo for nrth africa so i tried to replicate that with the "swamp tufts". My instincts wanted me to use just desert yellow tufts but the green was constrasting. Thanks for taking a gander and commenting.

N

noble

Ihave just managed to access the photographs and this is a cracker, the weathering on the vehicles are spot on, your figures are fantastic and a nice diorama to boot 10 out of 10 aaron.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm trying to catch up after a while away and this is great!

Really nice build Aaron...Top marks.

Ron

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just LOVED IT ! Like your "pin" technique for "sagging" vynal tracks ,figure work and weathering absolutely top notch ! Big G.B from me mate ! The grittier the better ! OH! not to sound conceited or anything like that, you know how humble we all are :rolleyes: I was hoping to get your opinion on my dio "Mien Komraden" in completed dio's have you seen it ?o_O

S

steve scan

Really nice Aaron, the vehicles are great and the scene is just right, love it.