North American RAF Mustang 111

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Matt
Striking paint job on these Mustangs. The kit seems to have decent reviews. I'll watch with interest.
Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Which scale is this? I want to say 1/72 because there are only two sprues with relatively few parts, but I can’t tell from the box alone.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
48th Jakko as i had one ages ago,Think.it got sold on e.bay when i culled my stash.
Rich.

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Which scale is this? I want to say 1/72 because there are only two sprues with relatively few parts, but I can’t tell from the box alone.
It’s 1/48 scale, it looks smaller on the photo than in the flesh, I must admit I expected more parts, this was an impulse purchase online to get my basket into the free delivery price bracket. Not yet successfully completing a 1/48 I thought I’d have a practice on this before attempting a mosquito

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Slow progress or not it looks good in that office, very clean.
Taking a seat Matt
John.

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Very slow progress, been working away a lot, photos to show I am still here . Also took a weekend afternoon out to knock up a work station. Not having a spare room it was becoming a pain setting up on the dining room table 332193332194332195

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Nothing wrong with slow Matt, it's my favourite speed. The RAF livery sits well on the Mustang.

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Another model mothballed, snapped off landing gear, might be rectifiable but decided to mothball and give mojo a boot by starting a mosquito

• Sad
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sad to read Matt.
Best thing to do in this case, put if away and start another. It was looking really smart with that excellent masking .

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Thanks John, after nearly 10 weeks off I thought starting again with a model that needed a fairly major fix was not best way to start again.

Reactions: JR