Nose Weight

T

tecdes

Apologies I know this has been on the agenda before but cannot find it.

What do you use for nose weight ?

Lead I know is heavy but do not have any (church is to far away !).

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well being the fishing paradise that Jersey is I would think that there is a tackle shop not to far from everywhere. A box of various size split shot should set you up for just about any thing. (until you get to church). Failing that wheel balance weights from the local tyre shop are quite easy to chop up.

Granite chippings are quite heavy as well but its finding them to fit thats the hard part.

I am lucky enough to have 90kg of lead in the shed. It fell off the back of a lorry. Literally. I was unloading a lorry with 23 tons of lead rolls and the pallet broke and one of the rolls fell off from about three meters up. Couldn't sell it so it was scrapped.....if you know what I mean.

Ian M

T

tecdes

Hey Ian wheel balancing units. Why did I not think of that ? The garage is only 100 yds away much closer than the church.

Thanks for that.

Sounds as though you have enough lead for the next 1000 years. Pity you are miles further away than the church.

Laurie

Naughty thoughts there are lots of cars around !

C

CDW

Morning Laurie .. it was Barry that asked a while ago

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/quick-tips/15843-what-do-people-recommend-nose-weights.html

T

tecdes

Good morning Colin

How could I forget with listed the GritColin.

Laurie

T

tecdes

\ said:
Well being the fishing paradise that Jersey is I would think that there is a tackle shop not to far from everywhere. Amazing I went to the local garage as said 100 yds down the road. Guess what they have a fishing section, which I had not noticed only been using the place for 12 years, with every type of lead weight under the sun.

Pity the manufacturers do not give a weight to fit it is guess & by God stuff. There we are I think my Catalina will now stand vertical on it's nose.

Laurie