Not long to go.

F

Fenlander

Right folks I am really pleased with the number of people talking of joining in on the Group Build.

There is a lot of chat going on about what build, what markings etc, this is very encouraging as it gives a much more positive feel for the GB than we had a week ago.

As you know from the rules, it starts on April 1st which, due to the worst planning in the world is the day before I come back of holiday. I come back on Friday the second but may not have chance to pop in the forum until saturday.

Not that this matters as it is not a starting grid lol. Just remember that there is three months to go for building your kit, I envisage that there will be early completions. It is not a race however and if anyone wants to hold back to see how things go that is fine.

Just remember that as soon as you are ready, start a new thread in the GB Under construction, not the normal forum Under Construction. Perhaps the best title for your thread will be either your name or some GB nickname, anyone want to be the Red Baron? That sort of thing anyway or we will get a dozen or so threads called FW190 and it will be a pig to keep up with who is who.

Your first post should include the box and sprues. Don't worry about the quality of these first pics, it is the build shots that need to be as good as you can get them for clarity.

It is up to the individual how much info they post. I appreciate that there are some who want to build it behind closed doors and reveal the final masterpiece. That is OK but if you can help with anyone asking questions, it would be appreciated. I am sure that there will be plenty posting the full build, I know I will be then you can tell me where I am going wrong lol.

Although it is not a competition, I know that the nature of the beast will mean that we all want to do our best, the GB is also about helping others who may not have the skills or experience with aircraft so let's not forget that principle.

Some may find that three months is too long and some may be wondering if they can get a kit and finished in that time, we all have different commitments so those who finish theirs quickly, please be patient for those who may not be able to commit the same amount of time to the build for whatever reason.

As well as the concept of the Quarterly GB, we will discuss how they will progress once we have this one under our belts, there is also the possibility of having Special Interest Group (SIG) builds. Although SIGs tend to feature a specific type, much the same as this FW190 build, SIGs can also work with themes.

I know there has been discussion about theme builds and I am aware that there is a bit of support for them. However, I think we have room for SIGs as well as the quarterly GB so when we get a feel for how the GB is going, maybe we can open up SIGs for discussion. A themed SIG will mean that we can build kits that interest us the most but still fit in with a group forum feel.

Good luck in the GB everyone and let's make it fun as well as educational, just wonder if there will be a completed one on April 2nd when I get back? I should be around up to the 28th, only away for a few days so if anyone has any questions, try to get them in before the 28th March please.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I went into the GB under construction section and it takes me to the normal under construction section. Is this a fault on my part somewhere?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
just wonder if there will be a completed one on April 2nd when I get back?
That would be some going :smiling3:

I'm looking forward to the build :abouttime:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
I went into the GB under construction section and it takes me to the normal under construction section. Is this a fault on my part somewhere?
It's fixed now, it was because VB doesn't like 2 forums named the same.

R

Richy C

Well said that man , Rules have to be followed so I will show (photo) my kit still on spruces on the 1st of April next to a copy of the Sun newspaper for that day and will be posting under Richy GB WF190 to show how bad I`m doing LOL

what I will say is with the GB aircraft I have got I`ve tried to get some history on it which is interesting which I`ve not reallly done before ,

Richy

F

Fenlander

It would be good to post some of the background/research info Rich, makes it a deeper experience. No pictures of the Sun needed, especially the third page, think of Ron's medication needs and the extra work his nurse would have to do to calm him don ;)

You don't have to post your kit pics on the first, that is just the earliest. Some may want to see what is popular and pick something different or the same in the later weeks.