John, many thanks... part G2 on your sheet looks similar to part 64 on mine..a bit hard for me to tell from the image. I agree, looks like the limber was part of the transporting.....hmmmm decisions decisions now
So after a number of months and Making some effort to find some time,(little at best) I’ve been able to get some bench time and have been updating the KV 1 tank and doing some scratchery to add some detail and interest. Cutting out the old front of the turret and making adjustments for the aftermarket barrel was the biggest challenge.
Hi Joe, I thought I'd sneak in while the rabble were hibernating on your couch for the last couple of months. Good to see you're progressing at the bench. Free time is a luxury nowadays. You've just got Simon's and my attention with the scratchy stuff.
I'll grab a soda pop, some warm clothing and blend in with the rest... Russian winters can be bitter.
Great to see you all again and thank you all very much for the encouragement..sorry for such a lengthy time away from you all. I will be posting some further update pictures soon.. have to start building the Gaz AA., Limber has been built and KV painted with the base coat... more pics soon to come.
thanks again everyone for looking in and responses.
Just a few more pics.... I didn’t really like the plastic kit cargo bed on the Gaz ... so I decided to scratch build the bed out of balsa wood. Also first coat of paint on the KV, limber and tracks. The Gaz is going to take a little bit more time to add some aftermarket kit work, but I will post pictures as I make updates. Thanks again for all of the responses and following along.