Old, Newbie

First Name
andy
Hi guys. " Old " because Im of the era of buying Airfix models with my pocket money and " Newbie " because I have started back into modelling now that my children have grown up. I need a little help for a friend. He has bought a 1/6 Dragon figure Sherman tank but unfortunately because of a condition he has, he has ruined the tracks. Does anybody know were we can get a new set of tracks. I have tried " Dragon " directly by the way and got no reply. Cheers

Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
'Old'? I started model-making when one had to find, and cut down, one's own balsa - wood tree! Welcome yoof! (Sorry, don't do 1/6 scale yet - may have to after my next Specsavers though!
Steve

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Andy.....welcome to the forum! Can't help with the tracks as I don't model in that scale. Rick H.

First Name
andy
'Old'? I started model-making when one had to find, and cut down, one's own balsa - wood tree! Welcome yoof! (Sorry, don't do 1/6 scale yet - may have to after my next Specsavers though!
Steve
I know what you mean. Having to cut around the printed balsa ribs and bulkheads was a real pain !

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome to the forum Andy. Can’t help with the query either I’m afraid, but I’m sure someone will be along soon that can.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
the 1/6 Sherman was a rare beast, even when it was new! The only thing I can suggest is contacting Dragon again http://www.dragoncare.com/chsmain.asp I can't find any reference to aftermarket parts, and the only 1/6 Sherman reference on ebay is a complete model for £900+.
As a long shot - if you have any undamaged links, is to try and get some scanned & 3D printed - whichever way you go, I'm afraid it's going to be expensive ( even if possible )
Dave

First Name
andy
Andy,
the 1/6 Sherman was a rare beast, even when it was new! The only thing I can suggest is contacting Dragon again http://www.dragoncare.com/chsmain.asp I can't find any reference to aftermarket parts, and the only 1/6 Sherman reference on ebay is a complete model for £900+.
As a long shot - if you have any undamaged links, is to try and get some scanned & 3D printed - whichever way you go, I'm afraid it's going to be expensive ( even if possible )
Dave
Thanks Dave. I have just fired off an Email to the Hobby Company who are the main suppliers of Dragon figures if there is no joy then I will just have to glue his tracks together for my friend

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hello Andy and welcome to the site.
One trick is to mount it on a base...a muddy base....This means one could "bury" the offensive links in the muck, on both sides mind you.
This should leave you more than enough "good" links to properly display what must be some kind of monster in 1/6 scale.

Hope this helps....or... You could send it to me (I'll pay post of course) and I will do it the best justice I'm capable of and send you some detailed pics.:smiling4:

Kidding of course...;)
Hoping this helps,

Jim.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Steve
Think you're old? I planted the acorn that grew your tree!
Image result for really old man

Jim.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Try a Google for 1/6 tank tracks, a guy produces Sherman tracks maybe you could find him on the www and send an inquiry?

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Think you're old? I planted the acorn that grew your tree!
Image result for really old man

Jim.
Salaam O Venerable One - you are truly a master amongst mortals! (Even if acorns don't produce Balsa - a minor point though!)
Steve

• Haha
Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Firstly, welcome aboard!!

Secondly, congratulations on having the best first name in the world!!

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Andy , hope you get it sorted .
Think the mud idea from Jim might be what your friend ends up having to do.