oldie but goldie T34/76

A

Aurora

very old tamiya mold, not so bad excfept of low quality vinyl tracks. not 100% finished, i will add some boxes logs etc later, not now, later, really really later :smiling3:

t1_zpssveob7z0.jpg

t7_zpsbc9kqk8w.jpg

t6_zpsywy5k9ey.jpg

t4_zpsepiwmwuv.jpg

t3_zpsizgcbjig.jpg

http://sfkminiatures.jimdo.com/

B

Builder

Very well done, just love the weathering, just perfect in my opinion. 

J

John Rixon

Yep agree with the others, you've nailed that, the colour is spot on, IMHO, faded, chipped and worn, all that's missing now is some hand painted markings and some old stuff tied to the decking! Really love that colour!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice build, Safak ,very nice with the weathering as well,I do like it :D

A

Aurora

Lovely that, spot on in my eyes cracking finish.

Dave

thank you Dave :smiling3:

Yep agree with the others, you've nailed that, the colour is spot on, IMHO, faded, chipped and worn, all that's missing now is some hand painted markings and some old stuff tied to the decking! Really love that colour!

thank you john, I will add stuff to decking slowly. this is my 1 of earliest projects. i started almost 2 years ego, so it became a black hole :D

Great work Safak

thank you Ian :smiling3:

real nice build, Safak ,very nice with the weathering as well,I do like it :D

thank you monica. i'm glad you like this one :D

J

John Rixon

thank you john, I will add stuff to decking slowly. this is my 1 of earliest projects. i started almost 2 years ego, so it became a black hole :D

You might want to check out a film on YouTube - "White Tiger", the story is preposterous, but there is a lot of footage of real T34s moving around in a forest. I don't know if they are replicas, I doubt it somehow, knowing the Russian's ability to keep things running. But the footage is great, and a brilliant visual reference!

B

BarkingDog

Brilliant job on a great subject. At least if a part of a tank is not up to scratch you want it to be the tracks. At bit of mud,rust and dry brushing can work wonders!

F

Fenlander

I will never tire of seeing the T34, it is a beautiful tank.  You have made a really good job of this, as said above, the colour is spot on.  It has been said that you cannot get the colour of a T34 wrong as there were so many variations and the way the paint faded in the harsh environment in which it operated.  However there is a classic look and you have achieved it very well.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Excellent job Safak, faded colors and weathering are top notch, especially worn metal edges and subtle rust work, very well executed......Jim :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
a surperb job of this one,I do real ,like it a lot,very nice with the weathering,great look,well done, :D

A

Aurora

You might want to check out a film on YouTube - "White Tiger", the story is preposterous, but there is a lot of footage of real T34s moving around in a forest. I don't know if they are replicas, I doubt it somehow, knowing the Russian's ability to keep things running. But the footage is great, and a brilliant visual reference!

yeah, i check that movie. may in the movie they used replicas but definately there are running original T34s in russia ;)

Brilliant job on a great subject. At least if a part of a tank is not up to scratch you want it to be the tracks. At bit of mud,rust and dry brushing can work wonders!

thank you John. there is actually gunmetal drybrush on trucks+ rust but not seen in the picture properly. for mud, i am very bad for applying pigments :D i tried many different methods for pigment but all the outcome was terrible :D :D

I will never tire of seeing the T34, it is a beautiful tank.  You have made a really good job of this, as said above, the colour is spot on.  It has been said that you cannot get the colour of a T34 wrong as there were so many variations and the way the paint faded in the harsh environment in which it operated.  However there is a classic look and you have achieved it very well.

Thank you Graham, i do love T34s they are beautiful. :smiling3:

Excellent job Safak, faded colors and weathering are top notch, especially worn metal edges and subtle rust work, very well executed......Jim :smiling3:

thank you Jim :smiling3:  

a surperb job of this one,I do real ,like it a lot,very nice with the weathering,great look,well done, :D

thank you Monica :smiling3: